Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

purpley eyes :S

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I always seem to have like a purple colour under and around my eyes.
Anyone know why this is and how to get rid of it?

Ta

Comments

• Options
    I've always known them as "bags" or "dark circles". It's said to be from lack of sleep but thats all I know. You can get cream to remove them that works over a period of time but I dunno how well it works. I had some L'Oreal Men Expert stuff which seemed to work a little bit but I stoped using it.
  • Options
    More sleep
    Cucumber slices

found this...
    http://ask.yahoo.com/20001212.html
  • Options
    I'm not sure if they are bags or not, ive seen people with bags under their eyes and its not that, my skin is just normal it doesnt bulge out or anything, but its a purple sort of colour...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have had that for years and years and no matter how much sleep I get it never goes away.
  • Options
    A lot of the time dark circles are down to genes my mam has them and I do too.
  • Options
    i knew someone who had dark circles and he bought an expensive eye cream and after a couple of months they had all but disappeared. sorry i can't remember the make off the top of ym head but it would be worth investing in a product to get rid of them.
  • Options
    Isn't it Roc?
  • Options
    Isn't it Roc?
    i don't think so.. but it was a few years ago.

icey, you could always google for websites that compare beauty products.
  • Options
    Do you have allergies? If I go off my medicine for my allergies, I get them now and then.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i have them really bad. i have had them since i was born, (in my baby photos, i look like i have been punched! but still cute tho!) it doesnt matter how much sleep i get, they dont go away. i have heard it can be your diet and its your body's way of telling you you're allergic to something, so i would go for an allergy test. and lipsy is right there are a few products out there, go into your department store like debenhams or house of fraser and ask there. i, however need to take my own advice get off my fat arse and perhaps do something about it, or at least i shud stop moaning about it! :rolleyes: ha ha