Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Plot to kidnap Leo Blair. Allegedly.

This story appeared in today's edition of The Sun, and rest assured the other papers will be carrying this in their editions tomorrow. According to The Sun's report, "Special Branch cops smashed a plot to kidnap little Leo Blair while monitoring a small band of fanatical dads, The Sun can reveal. They stumbled across the startling plan as they investigated the activities of men on the lunatic fringe of the Fathers 4 Justice group. Tony Blair and his wife Cherie were told about the threat to five-year-old Leo — the youngest of their four children."

Full report here.

Personally, I reckon that The Sun has simply been given this story to distract attention from the Government's troubles. Let's not forget that, since the whole sex offenders in schools scandal started, they haven't put it on their front page even once. I suspect the story isn't true, or has been greatly exaggerated. (I'm sure Aladdin is foaming at the mouth with anger already) ;)

Anyway, what do you think of all this?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well SO19 were involved so its genuine and must have a real thing by this militant wing of fathers for justice.

BUT

It coincides with a Tonight with Trevor McDonald special about the group too.
  • Options
    Was on BBC News last night
  • Options
    Regardless of the fact that it's the PM's son, it's pretty vile to want to use the kidnapping of a child as a publicity stunt.

Don't know if it's true, wouldn't be particularly surprised if it was though.
  • Options
    The 'Albanian gang plot to kidnap Victoria Beckham' headline in the News of the World a couple of years ago comes to mind...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    The 'Albanian gang plot to kidnap Victoria Beckham' headline in the News of the World a couple of years ago comes to mind...

Ah yes. The ones who went to trial and were acquitted in minutes.

I doubt it's true. It's designed to make everyone feel sorry for Blair. It's a shame it didn't happen in some ways- it'd be nice to make that cunt feel the same pain all the tens of thousands of people who've lost their wives, husbands and childen feel because of his illegal and immoral war.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    Rather.

It's bound to be bollocks imho.
  • Options
    As normal with the Sun, the more you look into one of their stories the more you realise they are talking rubbish.

This 'plot' was some people discussing the possibility that they could maybe kidnap Leo, but then deciding that they didnt have the skills or knowledge. Hardly dangerous fanatics.
  • Options
    Last night, I was tuning into ITV News, when suddenly I started to suspect "wait, most of the press is featuring this, could it actually be true?". At one point, I thought I would have to come on here and apologise for being so cynical about the story. But no. Bear one or two things in mind when you read The Sun's "scoop" - "poop" might be a better word to describe it. No one has been arrested, no one has been charged. This story is absolute bunkum.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Last night, I was tuning into ITV News, when suddenly I started to suspect "wait, most of the press is featuring this, could it actually be true?".

That was a mistake wasnt it.