Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Break ups

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am I the only person who behaves like an idiot towards his ex? Everytime I've spoken to him since he broke up with me I've ended up getting really emotional and trying to beg him back. Does this happen to other people too or is it just me? :(

I can't keep a normal conversation with him.

Comments

• Options
    Aw hon, I think it's perfectly normal...especially when the break up is this recent. I'm finding too that if I call him (which I haven't so far, thankfully) then I'll go into "missing what we had" mode or similar, it's a period of adjustment and you definitely haven't had enough time to adjust to the end of the relationship yet.

It's probably a better idea if you don't speak to him for a while, or at least not regularly. The whole situation is still too new and raw, and you're only going to end up getting hurt even more. It's easier said than done, I know.

Feel better soon, keep your chin up and PM me if you ever need a good ole rant. ;)
  • Options
    if you're finding it hard not breaking down when you talk to him, it might be hard but do you think you could cut contact for a while?
  • Options
    Nah... I have done it once before, wasnt a nice situtation...

Things do get easier over time! and the no contact thing def helps... although its well hard to stick to!
  • Options
    i would have to agree with what the others said...

I was like that when my ex broke up with me, i've told him it's too hard being friends and right now we have no contact, it's definately helping!