Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men's Fashion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's my boyfriend's birthday coming up and I had planned on buying him some new shoes (among other random crap) but he's just gone and bought himself 2 pairs. He wears a lot of zip up type hoodies, and jeans, but balks at the slightest whiff of anything "fashion orientated" as he thinks he'll look gay :yeees:

I'd like to hear from some males on the board what sort of clothes I can get him, apart from the usual. Or from girlies, let me know what their fellas wear...I'm lookin on Topman and there's a few nice nice long sleeved tees etc but nothing really striking.

Cheeeeeers m'dears

Comments

• Options
    Yes got to topman, you can find everything in there, they do some really nice striped jumpers I have a blue and green one and there reall unique.There only £30 or £40. They also do some really nice accessories like the scarfs get him wearing one of those, and he will look the part.

BTW where from the same place, where abouts do you liVe in N.I?
  • Options
    I live in Belfast, you?
    Know any other sites/shops?
  • Options
    I really like Topman and love their long sleeved range but a lot of their stuff looks really crap. I wouldn't go near any of their accessories (but that's just my opinion)

Look in places like H&M, d2, Next. On the odd occasion you can get designer gear at great prices in TK Maxx.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I really like Topman and love their long sleeved range but a lot of their stuff looks really crap. I wouldn't go near any of their accessories (but that's just my opinion)

Look in places like H&M, d2, Next. On the odd occasion you can get designer gear at great prices in TK Maxx.

How did you get on with that girl from your work?
  • Options
    I live in Belfast, you?
    Know any other sites/shops?

I live in Bangor, not to far away.

Yes kult is excellent but it is a lot more expensive, it really depends on your budget, it does some really class stuff, hard to explain what type of stuff it is, kind of a mixture between cool skater and sort of cool casual.

Also upstairs in zara is good, a bit more formal if you ask me, but you can sometimes grab a bargain in there.
  • Options
    Went in on my last day and she wasn't there. I haven't even been into town since. I'm going in next week so who knows...
  • Options
    Defo go to Cult. It's trendy street wear that isn't too fashion orientated or 'gay'. :p Lots of cool hoodys and t-shirts etc.

I wouldn't buy him a scarf if he's concious about looking gay. Can't go wrong with a couple of nice t-shirts I'd say.
  • Options
    i have the same trouble when looking for new clothes. topman andnext sometimes have a few good long sleeved t-shirts. but other than that i normally got to shops like Animal, Vans, O'neils, or small inderpendant retro & alternitive shops.
  • Options
    baggy stuff rock and baggy jeans so good ;)
  • Options
    how about stuff by stark? Their designs are fashionable but at the same time quite minimal usually so it would'nt 'make him look gay'.
    Look in envy as well but you just have to be careful as there is often a load of shit to get through before you find something decent.
    FCUK will have a lot of the aformentioned hoodie type tops as well as many other types of clothes so it might be worth a visit to there also.

But then again you could always buy him something completely different to what he normally wears and try to stop him following the flock :p