Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

recommend a phone to me please!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
these are my requirements:
* For it to be 02 (or to be able to be unlocked)
* For it to be quite unsual, not a really common one
* For it to be pay as you go
* Reasonably cheap (thinking maybe upto £150)
* bluetooth and a good camera a must. Also want lots of memory
i really like this one:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/graphics/misc/cl75poppy.jpg
Thank you!! pictures appreciated, or links, etc!
Also, can you get any phone unlocked??? And also, whats that poppy one like???
thanx

Comments

• Options
    http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?itemkey=142109&MPItemKey=140962
    found it for only £90!!! well impressed. although it doesnt have bluetooth, but it does have a USB connection!!
    Does anyone have this phone?
  • Options
    my sister has a motorola razr which is quite cool.. i would reccommend the phone i have which is a samsung D600 but its quite a bit over the price limit!!

my mate has another samsung flip phone which is v. good. will have to check up what it is!
  • Options
    Motorola RAZRs are ok but they break really easily if dropped!
  • Options
    Motorola RAZRs are ok but they break really easily if dropped!
    They dont have Video on them tho do they?

Then d600 all the way. There is a nokia too which is the bomb but its abour £360quid. Haha. I want it though proper bad, it flips up and down both ends but noones giving it out for free anywhere :(
  • Options
    They dont have Video on them tho do they?

Then d600 all the way. There is a nokia too which is the bomb but its abour £360quid. Haha. I want it though proper bad, it flips up and down both ends but noones giving it out for free anywhere :(
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handsets/viewHandsetDetails.jsp?prodID=consumer:NOK:8800:GROUP :heart:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    id say the d600 too, def worth trying to save a little more for it in the long run
  • Options
    All I know about the razr is that it breaks easily if you drop it (as my flatmate has demonstrated on many drunken occasions!), I don't think I was defending it, I just meant it breaks.
  • Options
    I know alot of people with the razor but not one of them has ever said anything good about it, except for that its thin.
  • Options
    to amend my earlier post when i recommend the razr - i take that recommendation back!! lol i just thought it looked cool!! no idea about its capability or breakability!! but come to think about it.. 2 days after my sister got it it turned itself off and would NOT come back on until a couple of days later :p soo on second thoughts, maybe not that phone!!!

and another phone ive thought of that is cool is the samsung E530!! my little sisters have one each and they are good!! has a video recorder and a decent camera, and it comes in pink, orange and other cool colours :) plus it is tiny!! very cute - and if i remember correctly you CAN get it for about £175
  • Options
    your babe - whats the camera like on it? with mine at the moment (a nokia, but cant remember wot model. the one where u can make your own facias!) i cant take that many pics!!

i really dont want a razr, cos everyone i know has them+i dont like them that much!
  • Options
    also, i know this may sounds stupid, but i really want bluetooth. can you buy a phone without bluetooth (the poppy one in this case) and buy a pack or adaptor or something to give it bluetooth???
  • Options
    that sounds brill, considering my phone at the moment has about 100phone numbers 40text messages and about 30pics, and the memory is approaching fullness!!!
  • Options
    http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_handsetcompare.asp?ItemKey=115160&Pos=1
    thats comparing my current phone with this one!
    why does it say no bluetooth with mine, but just has a dash line with this other one?
  • Options
    samsung e530

it doesn't show a price on the o2 website but you should be able to get it for around £150. by far the best phone i've had.
  • Options
    i know., i like that one! can you get it on Pay as you go??? Sure my mate used to have it, so il ask her as she's only just changed phones!
    Can you unlock anyphone??
  • Options
    it's a realllllly good phone, i'm a big fan of samsungs. it takes excellent photos/videos too and has an MP3 player/bluetooth. yep you can definately get it on pay as you go.
  • Options
    oh great!!! im positive it was my mates, so maybe i could rob it off her!!!
    just looking around shops for prices!

Apart from phones4u,link+carephone warehouse, what other shops sell phones (that aren't internet only!).
  • Options
    tesco, but they don't do it on o2, can only see it on tesco mobile.
  • Options
    mmmm, i really like it! but, it doesnt have speakerphone and i do use that alot, as i hate hands free kits+can easily talk whilst driving with my phone on the next seat!
    Oh im not sure!!! i love thedesign of the poppy phone, but thesamsung has bluetooth!!
  • Options
    i've got the Nokia 7270 its well funky great camra everything lol and it's really good i only gt it 4 xmas and i droped it lyk 30000000 times and not a scratch :D lol so id recomend that one
  • Options
    omg not lyk 30000000 times. :o