Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling a bit unloved

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my girlfriend were going through a bit of a bad patch a few weeks ago. I don't really know what brought it on entirely, but I know my insecurities played a big part in it. I am quite an insecure person and I know my girlfriend finds this hard to deal with.

Anyway, we had a big discussion and seemed to get a few things sorted and moved on, but a few things that she said have been really getting to me lately and made me question her feelings for me. One of the things she said was that I loved her more than she loved me. I didn't really know what ot make of this comment, was she trying to say she doesn't love me that much? I love her too much?
Also, she said she doesn't miss me when we're apart and she doesn't have that excited feeling and look forward to seeing me like she used to. I just put this down to the fact we've been together over a year now and it was just the honeymoon period ending. But somthing she said maid me think, she said that with her ex, to whom she was with for 5 years, she always missed him when they weren't together and was always really excited about seeing him. I don't know what she meant by comparing how she doesn't miss me with how she always used to miss her ex?

The last couple of weeks have been really good, we've been getting on really well and having fun, but I still feel unsure of her feelings for me. The things she said keep going over in my mind. I know I should really talk to her about this, but I don't want to ruin the good times we've been having since we talked. I also don't know if it will do any good anyway, if she did miss her ex more and had more fun with him, what does that prove? Does that actually mean anything? Or if she's trying to say i'm no fun and she doesn't look forward to seeing me, what difference does that make, after all, she is still seeing me and still does things with me. Also, her saying I love her more than she loves me, what good can come of me talking about that? If it's true then so what, as long as she still wants to be with me that ok right?

Finally, my insecuriteis are a problem for her, so bringing them up could cause a whole load of problems. I'm thinking maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. If she realises i'm not the guy she wants, or that that she doesn't love me enough then she will leave me eventually. Me worrying about that and talking to her about it won't make anything change.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel a bit confused with everything that's going on in my head and I needed to get it off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i hate to say this but from your other threads i think your gf may take you for granted.
    i think you need to talk to her again and ask why shes comparing you to her ex? which i don't think is fair when she knows you're insecure.