Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chevy Aveo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you have these overseas? I love it because its little. I have a shitty chevy metro lsi now because it was cheap and little. l like little cars. I want another car. I like this one. I also like the new Honda Civic Hybrid. Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    have u got a pic you could link? i am tempted to say not in England...but i know fuck all about cars so i could be wrong.
  • Options
    http://www.chevrolet.com/aveo/ Most god definatly not the hatchback (5 door, hideous!!!) or the http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Hybrid civic hybrid. I cannot remember the name of the new one that just came out from honda, i swear, one of their new "minis." Thats the other option. I saw the aveo today on the way home from work, in the blue and it was just adorable!
  • Options
    chevrolet_kalos_front_16_02_05.jpg

I think they might be the same... It's called the "Kalos" here, And I have a sneaky feeling it's actually a daewoo car (Chevvy bought daewoo and rebadged their cars)

I've actually driven one though and they're actually quite nice to drive, and even the bog standard model comes with full electric windows on all seats and air conditioning.
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    chevrolet_kalos_front_16_02_05.jpg

I think they might be the same... It's called the "Kalos" here, And I have a sneaky feeling it's actually a daewoo car (Chevvy bought daewoo and rebadged their cars)

I've actually driven one though and they're actually quite nice to drive, and even the bog standard model comes with full electric windows on all seats and air conditioning.
    :yuck: thats obviously a hatchback. cars with no butt look uglier than my car.
  • Options
    Ahh i thought that was the car from the website that you were talking about. Have to agree it looks ugly :P
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    Ahh i thought that was the car from the website that you were talking about. Have to agree it looks ugly :P

Yeah, I posted the website, but had you read further I said not the hatchback (5 door) thats a gross looking car. I'd rather drive my first car than that which I totaled in two monthes from a damn fire hydrant.\

My current car looks quite like that. A chevy. Accident from me once. No airbag. Worth at the most only a grand now. It has 77 hp, just as much torque. A mini van kicks my ass at a stoplight. I'll never have Garys viper but I want something better. And the person before me, 12k for a car :lol: thats cheap as hell!! Why do you think thats my top pick for a car.
  • Options
    Reminds me of a Matis which I HATE!
  • Options
    Reminds me of a Matis which I HATE!

Excelent ;)

ETA: though from searching that car appearantly the fact that I am not interested in the hatchback/5 door look and like the normal looking car is an invisablie statement here.
  • Options
    The Only Chevy's I really like are something like the Cobalt or S3X.

Oh, I ment Matiz not Matis :/.
  • Options
    And you called my car ugly! That thing looks like a cereal box on wheels :p

And they're advertising 35mpg as a plus point? :p
  • Options
    It's a Daewoo. Great until you crash it.

General Motors bought Daewoo about ten years ago, and decided that the name Chevrolet sounds better than a name that conjures up images of shitey Korean crap. Which they aren't, but they're not as good as VWs for instance. They are nice and cheap with plenty of toys, ideal for city driving. I just wouldn't fancy my chances in a high-speed prang.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    And you called my car ugly! That thing looks like a cereal box on wheels :p

And they're advertising 35mpg as a plus point? :p

I said your car was different cuz it was a 5 door looking thing ;)
    35mpg is excelent. my car gets that now and its like the best out there.

But how come just becaue the thread is named the aveo i've got no other opinions on the other options i mentioned :(
  • Options
    My car is a 3 door! :p

And it does 50mpg! How can you call 35mpg excellent! :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Doofay wrote:
    How can you call 35mpg excellent! :p

Because she American.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    25 is what most cars that people have this area get. at good excelent times. alot really around 20. 35 is like getting better milage than the guy that walks :p

And hey, it beats the hell out of the H2 which gets 9mpg ;)

and i still swear i didn't mean your car was ulgy (especially since the one a got from a search was in fact ugly so i made a judgement) i owned one looking just like it 5 yrs ago!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    25 is what most cars that people have this area get. at good excelent times. alot really around 20.

That's terrible.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The ONLY Chevy's that should Exist are pre-90's cars.

Most of them should be older than the 80's. Muscle Cars and Rods are what every Chevy should be. Ever. End.