Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I End It?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, this is my first post. Please don't hold any mistakes against me ;). lol.

Here's my problem... My girlfriend and I are both 16 and have been dating for almost 6 months, and I'm considering ending the relationship. Lately I feel that we've been drifting away. We used to talk like all the time and now i rarely call her. We see each other every once in a while, now the times we do are short and are usually with other people.

I guess I'm just starting to feel unloved, and unwanted. I told her about 2 or 3 weeks ago that I love her.. and she said it back. Yet I sometimes feel that she doesnt mean it. I mean I think we may just be mismatched... I like to be around her a lot but she'll only hang out once a week (if that...).

If I decided I was gonna break up with her I'd be sorta nervous. Just because I don't want her, or her friends to hate me (lol). Is there any way you can remain friends with someone after a break up? I'm pretty sure she'd cry... which would make me take her back (I'm weak like that :crying: ) How could I hold strong?

The truth is that I really care for her, but I don't think she cares for me as much as I care for her. She doesnt seem to want to be around me nearly as much (and always has a lame excuse to get out of things)...

I'm trying to get some advice on what to do. I'm just really confused. Any help is appreciated. If you need more info, I may be at school during the day, but I will check up using my phones internet.

Thanks,
i see you

Comments

• Options
    You need to talk to her and tell her exactly how you're feeling. If you's can't sort it out after that, it doesn't get any better and you're not happy then it would probably be best to end the relationship.
    It's hard at first and, tbh, she may not want to be friends straight away but if she cares for you then it'll work out alright.
    Breakups are going to hurt, there's nothing you can really do about that, but if it's not working it's easier for both parties if it's done sooner rather than later.
    As I said at fisrt, the most important thing to do is talk to her about it. Make sure she understands how you're feeling. She may not realise you are feeling like this or she may be thinking the same thing about you.
    I hope that kind of helps and you work it out either way. Good luck!

P.S. Welcome to the wonderful site of TheSite-ness :thumb:
  • Options
    Youre are freaking brilliant!! I just got done talking to her about it and now we're pretty much fine. I still am having one probelm though... but I'll make a post about that later as it's something completely different. Thanks a lot!

Thanks,
    i see you
  • Options
    Not a problem, you're very welcome.
  • Options
    See, communication. Always works.
  • Options
    See, communication. Always works.
    Yeah I guess I was just sort of nervous and was thinking about taking the easy route and ending it. Lol, I like this site! You all saved my relationship!