Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Women

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im just going to have a rant here. Started new school which has forced me to make proper girl mates, as there are loads more girls, now normally i wouldn't complain but some are really getting on my tits, back in old school it was just a tight group of bloke mates. Some of these girls are having a go at me for the stupidest things, like not replying on msn or saying "i gotta go cos im tired and need to get home" and not using the word 'bye' in my sentence on friday night. Normally my old blokes mates would think nothing of this and wouldn't even cross their minds. Some of these girls are saying im taking 'our friendship for granted' as i don't go out with them everytime when they invite me out, as i either cannot literally be arsed (dont say that tho) or just dont have any money. I really don't understand where these girls are coming from and some of these girls want apologises. Do girl mates just need a lot more attention than blokes or something? Do they need to be told how beautiful they look and that they're the best? .. maybe this is why i havent had a girlfriend in a while :chin: . Women i can't understand you.

Comments

• Options
    Mate - the best way to understand a woman is to not bother trying and just let her do her thing.

No matter how "?!?!?!?" you find it.

G.
  • Options
    they sound like the 13 year olds at my school
  • Options
    Sometimes I can't even understand us. Do you all hang around in a mixed group? (boys and girls?) Sounds like they're just being twats, tbh. My boyfriend is only kissy huggy around me, he writes the shortest msgs to his mates and if he can't go out, he can tell them he can't be arsed without them getting prissy.

With women, yea, we're slightly more sensitive and need to feel like we're being paid attention to. If you don't want to rock the boat, I'd just sort of give a half arsed apology, like, "ladies, ya know I think the world of yous, (cough) it's just I'm unbelievebly skint this month/doing something with the lads from my old school/getting an anal probe etc so maybe I can make it some other time?"

Failing that tell them to stop treating you like one of the girls, or you'll start farting in their faces and treating them like lads.
  • Options
    i know where you're coming from, guys would think nothing of it, but girls seem to have some peculiar thing in their brain that scans every sentence for non-existant undertones. just gotta live with it really.
  • Options
    With women, yea, we're slightly more sensitive and need to feel like we're being paid attention to. If you don't want to rock the boat, I'd just sort of give a half arsed apology, like, "ladies, ya know I think the world of yous, (cough) it's just I'm unbelievebly skint this month/doing something with the lads from my old school/getting an anal probe etc so maybe I can make it some other time?"

lmao at the anal probe thing :thumb:
  • Options
    saying "i gotta go cos im tired and need to get home" and not using the word 'bye' in my sentence on friday night.

Why does that matter? Me and a friend of mine do that to each other all the time...
  • Options
    yup ^^^, we're not all insane and insecure. I've found difficulty in the past making 'girl' friends, especially after being the only girl in my year, with no girls in the year below and only three in the year above (yeah, transition from boys school to co-ed). I have found now that I really enjoy having female freinds though. The way I enjoy them most is in a one to one relationship, female group dynamics can be particularly difficult- especially if you're trying to infiltrate an established group. Most of your friends will come and go- don't let them get to you, continue on your life path with certainty. You will have 'true' friends, and you'll know them when they happen (they're the ones that stick with you through everything). Maybe if you 'hang out' with the boys, you'll find another similar girl to you who's also 'hanging' with the boys.

Teen years, relationships and friendships can be tough but they teach you valuble lessons- these people will be in uni with you and enter the work place with you. The dynamics of groups, though with different people will fit into groups that you can learn whilst a teen- knowing how to 'deal with' or aviod these groups will stand you in good stead.

chin up.
  • Options
    Im just going to have a rant here. Started new school which has forced me to make proper girl mates, as there are loads more girls, now normally i wouldn't complain but some are really getting on my tits, back in old school it was just a tight group of bloke mates. Some of these girls are having a go at me for the stupidest things, like not replying on msn or saying "i gotta go cos im tired and need to get home" and not using the word 'bye' in my sentence on friday night. Normally my old blokes mates would think nothing of this and wouldn't even cross their minds. Some of these girls are saying im taking 'our friendship for granted' as i don't go out with them everytime when they invite me out, as i either cannot literally be arsed (dont say that tho) or just dont have any money. I really don't understand where these girls are coming from and some of these girls want apologises. Do girl mates just need a lot more attention than blokes or something? Do they need to be told how beautiful they look and that they're the best? .. maybe this is why i havent had a girlfriend in a while :chin: . Women i can't understand you.

ever thought about being gay? - it would solve all your problems for you :p
  • Options

Essentially what they're trying to do is bring down your "male status" by attempting to get you to acquiesce to their every demand. Once you've been reduced to "gay boyfriend" status then you're in their power - you're their toy. And of course your status in front other girls is reduced...

Don't concern yourself with their nonsense - just keep on doing whatever you want to do.
  • Options
    Girls never cease to amaze me. They do all this stuff to people but hate it when it's done to them, yet continue to do it to other people, even though they know how much they hate it!

Yep I am a girl and I probably do this too but you know what I mean!
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Mate - the best way to understand a woman is to not bother trying and just let her do her thing.

No matter how "?!?!?!?" you find it.

G.

I repeat this very simple point.

And it's good to see girls actually saying even THEY don't understand themselves!

Classic.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    "gay boyfriend" status
    I'm scared to ask.
  • Options
    ah, big cheese is male! Well whoops, I assumed you were female- doh!
  • Options
    When I worked in a bar over summer, I was the only guy working there. All of the girls were already part of a group of friends, and the rest of this group would typically be drinking in the bar, whilst they were working, so when there was no-one to serve they would talk to their friends.

They never really bothered with me that much, other than the usual niceties and a bit of small talk. Then the one time my friends came in (it's not the type of bar my friends usually like) and I spent some time talking to them, and all of a sudden my workmates were all over me, tickling me to get my attention, or trying to put ice cubes down my back. Then the next week it went back to normal again. I hate to say it, but it does tend to be the better looking girls that seem to crave this attention off guys, possibly because they're so used to it.

All of my close friendships with girls are on a one-to-one basis, which seems to be much better than a group of girls. My group of male friends will often also go out with a group of female friends, which is a good laugh. And they'll be fine with us, friendly, have a laugh......until a group of guys come along that they might be interested in, and then it's like they don't want to know us. It's as if you're being used, so that if they get some unwanted attention off guys, they'll just turn to you for 'protection,' but if they get attention from a guy they like, they'll dump you in a second. But I tend to not be friends with people like this anyway, and as a result I've got some great female friends, none of who want me around for there own little ego boost, or to ward off guys in a nightclub (although I would do these things for them if they asked me, because I know that that's not the only reason they want me around).
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Essentially what they're trying to do is bring down your "male status" by attempting to get you to acquiesce to their every demand. Once you've been reduced to "gay boyfriend" status then you're in their power - you're their toy. And of course your status in front other girls is reduced...

Don't concern yourself with their nonsense - just keep on doing whatever you want to do.

That's true, these 3 girls that im talking about have their own 'boyfriend' and all 4 have been at the school together for ages. This 'boyfriend' has turned into their lapdog, doing everything for them, he won't even drink or dance on a friday night just so he can hold their handbags for them LOL!! and when he's not there they just slag him off behind his back. It's pretty sad and pathetic. Problem with this new school im at is that my year is pretty small and very few blokes, apart from nerds ;) will just have to bare it for the next 2 years. :(
  • Options
    as girls, we just plain think too much about stuff. I read something in a book which kinda sums it up for me:

Imagine a person wants to walk into a meeting room and sit down..
    A guy walks in, sees the chair, thinks "sit" and sits, thats that.
    A girl walks in (wondering if she looks ok as she walks), sees the chair and thinks about what type of chair it is, sees the other people there and thinks about what they might be thinking about, thinks about how the meeting will go etc etc etc all before they even sit down...

i.e. when you dont say 'bye' in your sentence, it means nothing to you but to her it might mean any number of things including you dont like her any more.

I know it must be confusing for guys but it is confusing enough for us :? thats just the way we were made :P
  • Options
    flighty wrote:
    I know it must be confusing for guys but it is confusing enough for us :? thats just the way we were made :P

Men are women are easy enough to work out if you think in evolutionary terms.
  • Options
    flighty wrote:
    as girls, we just plain think too much about stuff. I read something in a book which kinda sums it up for me:

Imagine a person wants to walk into a meeting room and sit down..
    A guy walks in, sees the chair, thinks "sit" and sits, thats that.
    A girl walks in (wondering if she looks ok as she walks), sees the chair and thinks about what type of chair it is, sees the other people there and thinks about what they might be thinking about, thinks about how the meeting will go etc etc etc all before they even sit down...

i.e. when you dont say 'bye' in your sentence, it means nothing to you but to her it might mean any number of things including you dont like her any more.

Or you get a relationship like mine where the roles are reversed. In terms of how we think, i'm such a woman and my girlfriend is such a man! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Are you at The British School in KL? I had a couple of mates who went there.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Are you at The British School in KL? I had a couple of mates who went there.

Nah i'm not at the British school. What were the names of who you knew? might of heard of them.