Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CD writer help.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmmmm. I've got an Aopen DVD/CD rewriter and I've just gone to make a music CD and I'm being told that I have no CD writer connected to my rig. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    is it the OS or the software used to write CD that tell you that?

cos if it is a software some are not compatible with all writers.

If you have not use the writter driver (if any provided) can also try that, sometimes without the manufacturer driver the hardware do not work at 100%.
  • Options
    What program are you trying to use to write?

Check in your control panel to see if its detected as a CDRW. (start, control panel, system, hardware, device manager). It'll be under DVD/CD-ROM drives. It should say Aopen CD-RW drive or something similar.

This might sound like a silly question but have you tried restarting your computer?
  • Options
    I've tried Nero/XP Burner Pro/Windows/WMP and get the same message. I've never used this one to burn CDs I don't think, only DVDs. CD r/w is also no device CP.
  • Options
    Pop into the BIOS and see if the drive is connected. Does it still read/write DVDs?
  • Options
    Are cable inside perfectly plug?
    Also you could try uninstalling the driver within windows and re-install the drive.

Best thing would be to test you writter on an other system, at least you know for sure there is nothing wrong with it and that it come from the system or os.