Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I make her happy but also feel guilty ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well the last two months have been the best months i've had for a long time. I made a thread a while back about this girl from work i've been seeing but i didn't quite know how to approach it as she had just split with her long term boyfriend and i didn't want to rush things or make things even more awkward for her.

Well i've been seeing her quite abit recently and things are good. We get on really well and just seem to be hitting it off. I do really care about her, thats why i can't stop thinking if shes actually ok about us seeing each other. I always ask her if shes fine and she does say yes but i dunno, she's said she feels bad sometimes because she has left her old boyfriend alone and she sometimes feels guilty that me and her are doing stuff together.

Before when we just started getting to know each other it was generally me asking if she wanted to go out here or there but now she seems to be doing alot of the asking. She wants to do something this week, i've said if she's definetely sure and that it won' make her feel bad and shes said that i make her feel happy although guilty.

I dunno what to think, thats not particulary a good thing is it? If shes feeling guilty but then again i make her feel happy and she makes me feel very happy. I mean if i could i would want to see her every day but i know she needs time but then i don't want her to feel bad or guilty if i'm around her.

Is it normal for someone to feel like that? Actually stupid question, ahh i dunno, never been in a situation like this so i wouldn't know

Grrr i don't really know what i'm asking here, just thought it would be good to get it out there.

:)

Comments

• Options
    I think if I was you and liked her, just keep playing it the same as you are at the moment, the more time you spend with her the longer its been since she split up with her ex and the easier it gets! Just keep playing it cool!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well the last two months have been the best months i've had for a long time. I made a thread a while back about this girl from work i've been seeing but i didn't quite know how to approach it as she had just split with her long term boyfriend and i didn't want to rush things or make things even more awkward for her.

Well i've been seeing her quite abit recently and things are good. We get on really well and just seem to be hitting it off. I do really care about her, thats why i can't stop thinking if shes actually ok about us seeing each other. I always ask her if shes fine and she does say yes but i dunno, she's said she feels bad sometimes because she has left her old boyfriend alone and she sometimes feels guilty that me and her are doing stuff together.

Before when we just started getting to know each other it was generally me asking if she wanted to go out here or there but now she seems to be doing alot of the asking. She wants to do something this week, i've said if she's definetely sure and that it won' make her feel bad and shes said that i make her feel happy although guilty.

I dunno what to think, thats not particulary a good thing is it? If shes feeling guilty but then again i make her feel happy and she makes me feel very happy. I mean if i could i would want to see her every day but i know she needs time but then i don't want her to feel bad or guilty if i'm around her.

Is it normal for someone to feel like that? Actually stupid question, ahh i dunno, never been in a situation like this so i wouldn't know

Grrr i don't really know what i'm asking here, just thought it would be good to get it out there.

:)

You're worrying over nothing. She's insecure but that's not a problem.
  • Options
    Don't keep asking her if she's ok and if she's sure ... that will get annoying.

Its her job to be sure and ok ... if she wasn't she wouldn't be seeing you. Its your job to make sure she has a good time with you and forgets about her ex