Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One year on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This weekend I stayed over at my boyfriend's as it was our one year anniversary and we where talking about how quick the year had gone and about all the fun things we had done. When it dawned on ous that we had never had an agruement.

The closest I would say we came to having one was when I was feeling depressed about something that had happened when I was younger, which still gets to me at certain times of the year and I was crying and talking about how worthless I felt. He was really supportive and told me how special I was and how I was talking rubbish and that he never want to hear me talk like that again. That was the first time I had ever heard an angery tone in his voice.

Is this strange?

Comments

• Options
    nope not at all. if you haven't had reason to argue then don't argue! if you have issues to vent then they can be good but there's no reason to have one 'cause you've never had one before. :p

me and my ex were going out 7 months and never once argued in any shape or form.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Is this strange?
    nope. not really.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    no its lovely :heart:
  • Options
    me and one of my exes hadnt argued for four months then as soon as we realised we were arguing every week!! still lasted 15 months tho!

its totally normal and totally good
    enjoy it!
  • Options
    I had never argued with my ex once till we had been together just over a year. Won't go into the reason but we didn't really stop arguing after that
  • Options
    nope not at all. if you haven't had reason to argue then don't argue! if you have issues to vent then they can be good but there's no reason to have one 'cause you've never had one before. :p

me and my ex were going out 7 months and never once argued in any shape or form.

I was not planning on starting one for fun, we just seem to always be thinking the same thing and if we want to do different things we can normally find a compromise or a way round it.
  • Options
    i've known my bf for over 4 years...we've been out, split up, gone through a funny patch and have done it without arguing once
  • Options
    My bf and I didnt argue for a year and a half but we were going thru a rough patch and argued at least once a week coz I thought he was messing about. Things seem to be working out now though.
  • Options
    I suppose it just feels strange, as I have this one friend who seems to agrue a lot with her boyfriend, even when he picks her up from uni in front of us all, plus she moans about him when ever we have coffee. But it can be all that bad as they have been going out for over 5 years now since she was about 15.
  • Options
    nowt wrong with it, no. it can be healthy and a good thing. occasionally it can go the other way.

i never argued with my ex, but that was because i didn't really give a shit either way.

but now with mr. kaff, we never really argue because both of us are too laid back, and it's easier for us just to say 'don't do that again, plskthankx'. we occasionally have minor fall outs, which i think pretty much everyone does now and again, especially when you're past the honeymoon stage, but we never let it get to the personal insult-flinging stage.

the only thing that you have to watch out for is that you don't avoid arguing just for the sake of not doing it. bottling things up is never good.
  • Options
    Nah, some people argue loads, some don't. Me and my boyfriend debate and I'll get upset, but it's always over the same thing, so once we have a healthy balance with that, we'll be OK. Our actual arguments are few and far between, but you just have to look at our mates (who've been together longer than us!) to see some couples just get along better moaning at each other!
  • Options
    no, sometimes couples dont argue. me and my ex were together for 4yrs and i think we had one maybe two arguements. i think the reason for this though is becuase if either if us had any problems we would just tell each other instead of letting in a result in an arguement. but i wouldnt say it was strange at all if your honest with each other and dont feel the need to argue then dont. :)
  • Options
    I think it is because we are very honest and open with each other and talk things through when one of us is feeling down or has a problem. We are both quite laid back when we are together, most of the time we are joking and messing around.