Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

date sites in the news

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

Did ya all see on news about a dating site using their own workers going out on dates and chatting to peopl, wont name the company, but its getting to be a crazy world

What are your views on this, I was appolled, I never got a fitted collegue of theirs

Comments

• Options
    I think this was "Yahoo!". I think it's doubtful that it's actually true, getting an employee to spend hours with guy X just to ensure that he stays a member for another month... seems like hard work :P

My bad... Match.com and Yahoo!
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/20/1820202&tid=123&tid=95
  • Options
    Going on a date with somebody in return for a paycheck (money) sounds a bit like whoring :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my_name wrote:
    Going on a date with somebody in return for a paycheck (money) sounds a bit like whoring :p
    oh god yeah it does :lol:
  • Options
    It doesn't surprise me; I never get messages on dating sites (mind you, I'm typically a free member on them), then all of a sudden I receive loads that just don't seem quite right...hard to explain - but you just know that the person behind the message isn't geniune, which could explain this situation. Oh, and also because it's coming up to the end of a free trial, or something.
  • Options
    Mac Sami wrote:
    It doesn't surprise me; I never get messages on dating sites (mind you, I'm typically a free member on them), then all of a sudden I receive loads that just don't seem quite right...hard to explain - but you just know that the person behind the message isn't geniune, which could explain this situation. Oh, and also because it's coming up to the end of a free trial, or something.

I once got drunk and posted a pic of me on a sight from a perso on here and got told i was ugly as fuck. discrasefull to the human race. but there are alot of people full of shit. just tell the righ t from the wronv.