Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

from texting to relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you think if a relationship starts from texting it can ever be more than that? like say you meet someone in town and they give you their number and you start texting, can a relationship develop from that or are you forever just texting buddies? cos it seems to me if you dont meet up within the first week you never will!

this doesnt even make sense does it!! lol

Comments

• Options
    depends on the people involved.
    do you want it to go further?
    if so... quit sitting at your computer and do something about it. :p
  • Options
    I meet my boyfriend on a dating website and it was about a month before we meet up, as I went home for three weeks for the holidays, so you can turn it into a relationship if you don't meet up within the first week. There is on golden rule when it comes to relationships.
  • Options
    I met my BF when I was up town one night and we never met up for ages after, we knew each other for about 6 months before we got together. We'd text each other to see if either of us were up town and sometimes we would be but sometimes we wouldnt and if we were we'd meet for a quick snog etc etc. Nearly 2 years on and we're together still and I love him to bits. When we talk about it though, its strange coz we thought both of us were just there for sex, we didnt think for one minute we'd be how we are today.
  • Options
    Definetly I'd say, imo anyway
  • Options
    yeh course it can. just aslong as it's not just txting and you meet up and stuff too.