Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

radio crap!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i have driven about 300 miles today ...all the radio stations were very samey samey.
all they seem to play is pop past and present ...the stuff we have all heard a bazillion times.
if i were a radio jock ...i'd play album tracks to make it just a little bit more interesting ...what would you play ...to make your show a big hit?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd play the finest Atmospheric DnB for stoners and chillout heads. I would also put on some lovely Melodic type of Progressive House. That would be a perfect radio station!!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I would Play non-stop Rock and Metal... what got on would depend what substances I was under the influence of!
  • Options
    I drive from my house to my parents probably once every 2 months or so. 400ish miles. I live in the midwest. That means once you're outside of the Chi & suburbs listening area (which means out of rap zone) you get country. Then driving thru the bluffs you get staticy country. 6 hours of country music on every station. Then my man bought me a player for my car. Best. Gift. Ever. I now spend six hours listening to Aus Rotten, Submachine, DK... or as my father and boyfriend call it, "people yelling at you." Oh its orgasmic.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I already play tracks no one has heard of :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Radio 4 is pretty perfect already if you ask me. (although I could do without Money Box)
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Radio 4 is pretty perfect already if you ask me. (although I could do without Money Box)
    ooo you boring old sod!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    a massive mixed bag...some oldies and some new ones! but from all genres
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I already play tracks no one has heard of :p
    on radio i can tune into?

and is it of a praticular kind ...
  • Options
    ooo you boring old sod!

You know what, I dont care. Radio 4 is easily the most intelligent, thought provoking and entertaining station on radio or TV.