Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The joy of spam filtering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The joys of spam filters.

Wanadoo's spam filter, rather than putting spam into a seperate folder as hotmail does, marks spam email with ****SPAM**** in the subject of the emails in your inbox.

So today when we got a spam email from some diet thingy saying "Taste sensation..." it came out as:
"****SPAM**** Taste sensation..."

LOL... :D

Comments

• Options
    I always seem to get emails for penis extention. I also got one for vage extention too...I was too scared to open it:(
  • Options
    I get a lot of e-mails asking me if I want to meet "hot" and "up for it" girls in the North East of England. Why, I haven't the faintest idea. Also, I get a lot of mail sent from someone called David DeAngelo, who seems to think he's some kind of lady-pulling machine. As if I need help in that area. ;) :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    No spam, except to my hotmail address, because some idiot signed up for one of those "join my friend network" thing, and it seems to bounce around everyone with that e-mail address. Its annoying because its probably sending it from me too, and it says its sending it from your e-mail address.

Poo :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Almost all of my span is filtered in the "bulk mail" folder, so I delete it all with one click. The problem is when (rarely) mail that isn't spam goes in there...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I get a lot of e-mails asking me if I want to meet "hot" and "up for it" girls in the North East of England. Why, I haven't the faintest idea. Also, I get a lot of mail sent from someone called David DeAngelo, who seems to think he's some kind of lady-pulling machine. As if I need help in that area. ;) :rolleyes: :p

cause geordie birds are ho's
  • Options
    You look like Kenzie of big brother and friday hill in your av. lol
  • Options
    The joys of spam filters.
    Wanadoo's spam filter, rather than putting spam into a seperate folder as hotmail does, marks spam email with ****SPAM**** in the subject of the emails in your inbox.

Thats because of the way email works... hotmail is different to normal email. My own email does the ****SPAM**** thing. I just get outlook to filter it straight into the Junk Mail folder. I used to get loads, but i altered my settings recently so im barely getting any :D
  • Options
    My brilliant Hotmail junk mail filter automatically flagged any mails from my boss as junk without being told. God bless it.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    I also got one for vage extention too...I was too scared to open it:(
    I'd also be too scared to open an extended vag! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Oh my gosh where have you been?!?! You found someone else didnt you? you dont love me anymore:(
  • Options
    Gmail spam filter is great, i never get spam through although i get alot of chinese/asian websites send me spam aswell as "buy microsoft office for $50 or acrocrap reader for $20
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    cause geordie birds are ho's
    Well, you can pull anything that breathes. :p