Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Cheat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iv always wondered why people cheat on their GF/BF's i mean if you want to sleep with other people then you should stay single.

If you have cheated in the past what were your reasons, was you unhappy in the relationship or what, what made you cheat?

Comments

• Options
    some people just do. i have been cheated on and cheated on them i suppose there wasnt any reason i didnt go out and think right im gonna cheat. sometimes it just happens it just depends whether you want to stop it or not.
  • Options
    vodka babe wrote:
    some people just do. i have been cheated on and cheated on them i suppose there wasnt any reason i didnt go out and think right im gonna cheat. sometimes it just happens it just depends whether you want to stop it or not.

Yeah iv been cheated on before too, i just didnt see the point, was something wrong with me or what? But i mean if you love your GF your not gonna cheat on her right, and to be in that position to cheat or stop it you must have been leading the girl on in the first place.
  • Options
    i didnt love them though thats how i think we both cheated. my ex i would of never dreamed on cheating on becuase i loved him.
  • Options
    Sometimes its people who are single chetaing with some one wo is taken, they justify it as saying, they are single so its not their responsibilty to say no to sex, even the other person is dating their best friend.

As for people in relationships who cheat, well, sometimes its because the relationship is long distance, as in, their partner works away and isnt around so they go out and fuck someone else they know or who ever comes along. Other times they cheat with their close friends because the opportunity to have sex came up and because they are friends it "just happens." Other people are just spiteful nasty selfish cunts who do it to show off they can!
  • Options
    there's no actual definition as to why people cheat. but i guess some people just do it because they think the grass is greener and are maybe a little bored. not something i've done though so i don't know really.
  • Options
    Because they're too scummy and spineless to end the relationship.

I haven't had that problem, but God help anyone that does.
  • Options
    I cheated when I was in a long distance relationship, by cheat I mean I pulled other guys, at the time I was a virgin and very inexperienced, (for an 18 year old) my boyfriend wasn't.
    Looking back I cheated at times when he, and the relationship we had, made me feel insecure and unattractive, and when guys showed a genuine interest in me.
    I thought I loved my bf at the time...but yet a lot of things are so much clearer after a relationship ends. I didn't feel guilty about it at the time, and never really have. My bf never found out about any of the 3 guys i pulled whilst we were together, and to be honest they boosted my confidence when with him.
    Most of the time the things he said to me about his nights out lead me to believe he was such a stud girls were throwing themselves at him all the time and i guess id convinced myself he was probably doing the same.
    Wasn't a very healthy relationship at all.

My current boyfriend however is everything my first was not, he's so much more a part of my life, and a true friend and i *know* we are in love, hurting him would kill me. I have never come close to cheating on him, and there have been more opportunities in the last three year then in the 11 months i spent with my first bf, and i know i never would.

So...in response i think people cheat when they are unhappy and insecure in a relationship...and for their owbn sake nevermind that of their partners, they shouldnt be with them.
  • Options
    i have cheated in the past,

i did it because i was lonely and bored and it made me feel attractive and wanted. i know that makes me a bitch but hey, it happened
  • Options
    Some people have way too much confidence and think they can do anything.

There needs to be more fear in the world.
  • Options
    So...in response i think people cheat when they are unhappy and insecure in a relationship...and for their owbn sake nevermind that of their partners, they shouldnt be with them.

Yeah i'd agree with that thats what i have thought but when i ask people i know who have they deny the fact, maybe they are just embarassed to admite they had problems with the relationship. I know for one i could never to that to my boyfriend.
  • Options
    If you don't love someone then there's always scope for cheating. Most people don't put the emotions of others over their own self-interest/gratification - that's just nature.
  • Options
    I've been cheated on and it fucking sucks. Pretty sure it is gunna effect my future relationships
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I've never cheated/ or been cheated on. But someone I knew did, it caused his family to go shit-crazy, his daughter still thinks about the effects, why he did it, the possibility that the past may repeat itself. The daughter is myself, it happened exactly a week before my 14th birthday, so I was pretty screwed up.

In my experience there will always be a gap between me n my Dad, I've tried to forget the past, to move on, but life's never that simple. :(

I really feel for you Your-Babe. I don't know if you have seen my posts in the thread about what is better sex or love, but my mum is having an affair and it is screwing me up but at least no one else knows and mum doesn't know that I know so everyone else is quite happy and it hasn't messed up the whole family (yet). However I am 20 and was 18 and a half when I found out so I'm that bit older to be able to cope a bit better. It must have been awful for you at that age and with it screwing up your family.
  • Options
    i used to cheat when i was younger. i had an ex who i had cheated on 4times but i eventually fell in love with him and it made me view things differently.

i think when i used to do it, it was a mixture of immaturity and selfishness. i didn't take any of my relationships seriously either but now i do and i hope i would never cheat again.
  • Options
    Because they can...
  • Options
  • Options
    do people think that kissing someone else counts as cheating?
    yes
  • Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    Iv always wondered why people cheat on their GF/BF's i mean if you want to sleep with other people then you should stay single
    My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    definately
  • Options

Definatly, do you not think it is, if so why not?
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Because some people's definitions are different to others.

yeah i know but i meant why would someone not include kissing as cheating?
  • Options

damn right it does
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Depends, I kiss my girl mates, n funnily enough, the boyf has no prob with it, however if i ever kissed another guy- i know he'd hit the roof!

But then though, if he kissed another woman I'd be pretty fucked off lol

what if he kissed a guy :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    if you want to sleep with other people then you should stay single.
    I got into a relationship because I loved my partner, not because I wanted to stop haviong sex with other people. Are relationships realy about sex?
    If you have cheated in the past what were your reasons, was you unhappy in the relationship or what, what made you cheat?
    I've never cheated, at least where cheating is breaking the rules agreed between myself and my partner. I very nearly did once - it was a case of one thing leading to another, and it was very hard not to. Now I make sure I'm never more than 20 meters from a condom, so I doubt it'll happen again.

Thats pretty much all I've got to say on the matter - most everything else has been said very recently
  • Options
    Because they can...

Ain't that the truth.
  • Options
    I've never cheated, I don't think I've been cheated on, and I'd never knowingly participate with someone already in a relationship. It's all about trust and respect, I guess - that, and ending a relationship when you feel it is no longer right for you, rather than just ride it out until something 'better' comes along.