Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Taking one pack straight after the other

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im wondering if you take the pill and then dont have the seven day break and continue the next pack straight after to stop you getting a period if you are still fully protected?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    im on microgynon 30 i spoke to a nurse about doing this and she didnt mention not being protected if i followed on another pack without the 7 day break so i am asuming its ok
  • Options
  • Options
    sorry one more thing to check but i took my next pill slightly later then usual after having sex without using condoms (4 hours later) and then took it when i remembered this shouldnt have any effect should it?
  • Options
    I think its somethin like 6 hours from the last one so say you took it at 1pm the day before you have till 7 pm the following day. It might vary from pill to pill.
  • Options
    Just checked it and it says 'Missed pill: if you forget to take a pill, take it as soon as you remember, and the next one at your normal time. If you are 12 hours or more late, another contraceptive method (e.g. condoms) should be used for the next seven days, whilst continuing with normal pill taking. Read the instructions on your pack carefully regarding missed pills.' for Microgynon 30.

Hope this helped. x
  • Options
    Isn't this exact samethread in sex as well...or am i imagining things? :eek2:
  • Options
    There is a mildly new pill called seasonale which is nothing more than 3 back to back pill sets as its ment to only give you your period 4x a year, so i can only assume its good.