Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cant get to just one website

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cant get on the exeter uni forums website http://xnet.ex.ac.uk/ for some reason. havnt been able to since 4 am yesterday. This is only on my laptop its fine on anything else. Anyone know whats up and how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    isp proxy server cache possibly/ I know my proxy is crap for www.ebuyer.co.uk, the server doesnt seem to get it right, so it takes ages to load or times out. But if it was working yesterday... im not sure. tehres a way to reset the cache, type in a string afterwards with a ? or something, like an argument. cant remember exactly.
  • Options
    Sounds like a caching problem.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    This is only on my laptop its fine on anything else. Anyone know whats up and how to fix it?

Give us a clue - when you say it is only on your laptop, do you mean other machines sharing the same internet connection can access the site, or other computers in other houses?
  • Options
    Give us a clue - when you say it is only on your laptop, do you mean other machines sharing the same internet connection can access the site, or other computers in other houses?

Computers on campus are fine.

I dont know what caching stuff is.

It happened after i used the website drunk the other night....
  • Options
    And... machines using your internet connection... do they reach the site or not?
  • Options
    And... machines using your internet connection... do they reach the site or not?

They do.

I however cant get to any exeter uni (xnet) hosted sites which is annoying.
  • Options
    Try typing a ? after the URL and see if that works.

btw, just realised you're going exeter, Im applying there! [/pointless post]
  • Options
    I think is might be a Proxy issue? is your ISP ntl be any chance? as they have transparent cache with gets in the way all the time. If you are try specifying another one, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html has some good information on this.