Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Erections...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I'm new to all this, and I wish I wasn't so embarrassed about it, but I'm just gonna go ahead with it anyway.

Ok, basically, what is the 'average' male erection like? Or is there no average at all? I'm asking because my boyfriend's (pretty new boyfriend, and my first proper serious one who I actually care about) is like, vertical, and it shocked me, though I don't *think* it's unusual. Just thought I'd check with this wonderfully informative messageboard!

Also, I'd like to give him a hand job, but I don't really know how to go about it, at least, not how to make him *really* enjoy it - so, any tips?

Thanks very much. Now I'm going to go hide in a corner and hope to goodness that no one knows me on here.

Comments

• Options
    Average in what sense? Length? Girth? Or if I'm getting you correctly, are you talking about angle? Hang on, I'll just get my protractor. :D
  • Options
    I guess I'm talking angle... and do different angles mean a different extent of how turned on you are?

Sorry if these are stupid questions...
  • Options
    I guess I'm talking angle... and do different angles mean a different extent of how turned on you are?

Sorry if these are stupid questions...
    Don't worry about it. I guess so, yeah. The more upright, the more turned on, but there should still be some 'give.' But I only really know my own to be honest.

As for handjobs, I guess all you need to know are the options, because I imagine everything else after that is personal preference. So, tight or loose grip, fast or slow (I don't think any fancy hand movements are neccesary, but I'd say go faster towards the end when he's about to come). Spitting on your hand can give a bit of lubrication. The head is more sensitive than the rest. Other than that, you'll have to work it out for yourself. Try and read him, to find out what he likes the most.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it. I guess so, yeah. The more upright, the more turned on,

That's not really true at all.

Everyone's angle is different. Some go all the way so that their penis lies practically flat against the tummy, and some stick outwards. Most bend a little to one way or the other. Sometimes having a penis that goes too "flat" can cause problems, and I think that there is an operation to "relax" the erection a bit if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    it kind of varies, left/right, up/down. it's nothing to worry about :)
  • Options
    Also, I'd like to give him a hand job, but I don't really know how to go about it, at least, not how to make him *really* enjoy it - so, any tips?

Glad you asked, as the two ive been given have been awful. I dunno how old you are/he is but go easy on the 'bell' as its pretty sensitive for some people at mid-teens age, well from my experience it was, not sure about other lads. If he's uncircumsised then try not to full the foreskin back to far, just work midway up or at the base of the penis. Vary speeds and as someone said before go fast at end and giving him dirty looks is a good idea. Each guy probably has their own preference. haha anyway hope the detailed anyalisis helps, just remember 'the little guy' is sensitive and has feelings so treat him with a bit of loving.