Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clothes for a night on the town (bloke) & new hairstyle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I consider myself to be pretty good when it comes to fashion sence but i just need a bit of help..

I've got a night on the town planned with a few of the lads (i dont go out that often) and i'm looking to buy something new to wear but im bored of the same old styles.

I've done the whole:

t-shirt and ripped jeans
scruffy looking jeans, shirt, tie n jacket
shirt n jeans
smart - suit with tie & shoes
trousers n shirt
jeans & jumper

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.
I'm just getting a bit bored of my current image tbh, i'm probably considered pretty fashionable at the moment as everything i wear is pretty current season but im just bored of the mainstream, want more underground and new.

I'm also looking to change my hair as i've had it like this for a while now.
my hair is a dirty blond, about 2/3 inches long, quite messy.
hairstyle.jpg
(Sorry about image quality my camera isnt that hot)
Its hard to tell the colour here but i think you can see the style alright.
Any ideas on change for this?

Any suggestions apprieciated! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    i think most guys at the moment are doing the jeans, brown leather belt and t-shirt/stripey jumper look. can't you just have a snoop round the shops?

would NOT recommend the skinny jeans thing.. most girls can't pull it off nevermind guys!

as for the hair, unless you grow it theres not much u can do apart from jazz up with some wax.. which i think you already do.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i think most guys at the moment are doing the jeans, brown leather belt and t-shirt/stripey jumper look. can't you just have a snoop round the shops?

Meh, thats what i wear at the moment. Just bored of it, everbody looks the same which is why im after something different.
    I like some of the stuff in all saints however 200 quid for a jumper is not quite the financial route im able to take
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Meh, thats what i wear at the moment. Just bored of it, everbody looks the same which is why im after something different.
    I like some of the stuff in all saints however 200 quid for a jumper is not quite the financial route im able to take
    hmm... well i went out last night and all the guys did look pretty much the same tbh. you could always go on clothes shop websites -they might be like the girls ones which give you styling ideas.

its a difficult time of year because its kind of inbetween seasons with all the sales. i went round the shops the other day and was totally uninspired.
  • Options
    your hair looks mighty fine as it is tbh :thumb:
  • Options
    I like your hair how it is too, but if you want to change it on a night out you could try messing it up a little? get some of that gum stuff and just shake it about :hyper:
  • Options
    This is what makes me feel quite sorry for guys when it comes to clothes choice - at least as a girl you can choose between jeans, trousers, long shorts, short skirt, long skirt, dress...etc. Boys fashion does tend to be a bit more limited (my boyfriend often laments this fact). Perhaps you could wear what you normally would but just change your accessories a bit? Keep a look out for some funky belts, maybe a hat, a scarf, chunky bead necklaces...I also really like some of the leather/chunky wristbands that you can find in guys clothes shops. Your choice of shoes can also totally transform an outfit. It's surprising how much of a difference a few unique accessories can make :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lipsy wrote:
    would NOT recommend the skinny jeans thing.. most girls can't pull it off nevermind guys!
    ooooh god no!! no to the skinny jeans
  • Options
    Hmm.. well i know my hair looks ok as it is, but i want a change - thats the whole point ;)
    Might just have it lightened...Anyone know how to do this without it looking bleached blond?
    I've got quite light hair anyway so it wouldnt take much.

I was also thinking of getting a spray tan, anyone got any opinions on this?
    (tanned guy, yes or no?)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Hmm.. well i know my hair looks ok as it is, but i want a change - thats the whole point ;)
    Might just have it lightened...Anyone know how to do this without it looking bleached blond?
    I've got quite light hair anyway so it wouldnt take much.

I was also thinking of getting a spray tan, anyone got any opinions on this?
    (tanned guy, yes or no?)
    well a tan is always nice.. but you have to be careful with spray things. i havent heard much good stuff about them.

why dont you just grow your hair a bit because it is quite short around the sides. you could always use a different product. gunky ones can give different effects to a gel for example.
  • Options
    yeah i suppose. I'm not keen on gel though as i dont really like the whole 'wet look' haristyles. At the moment i'm using this tre semme stuff - quite good.
    Lipsy wrote:
    be careful with spray things. i havent heard much good stuff about them.
    :confused: :chin: Do tell...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    yeah i suppose. I'm not keen on gel though as i dont really like the whole 'wet look' haristyles. At the moment i'm using this tre semme stuff - quite good.

i never said use gel! i dont like the wet look :p
    i said use gunk, like tigi bedhead stuff.

as for the tanning things, i'm sure lots of people have had good results. but i know one girl who had an allergic reaction on her face and 2 others whose tan turned scaley (even though a therapist had done the whole exfoliating, moisturising thing before hand).
  • Options
    icey wrote:

i never said use gel! i dont like the wet look :p
    i meant use gunk, like tigi bedhead stuff.

as for the tanning things, i'm sure lots of people have had good results. but i know one girl who had an allergic reaction on her face and 2 others whose tan turned scaley (even though a therapist had done the whole exfoliating, moisturising thing before hand).
  • Options
    Im not that dumb ya know, you only have to tell me once :p:lol:
    Hmm...will have to have a think about the tanning thing though. not sure i like the sound of it that much after what you've said.
    Lipsy wrote:
    why dont you just grow your hair a bit

you like long hair then? :p
  • Options
    There's not that much variety a bloke can have in the clothes department. I usually go for the jeans and shirt look.

As for hair, well depends on length. I have short hair and I flatten it with gel, then with wax spike my fringe up and spike the sides of my hair up.
  • Options
    your hair looks good as is!

but if u do want to do a colour change, why not try coloured tips, like put Fudge in (u do have fudge in uk right?) it's like really bright colours but its a semi permanant so they wash out.. which is good if u don't like it lol... try blue tips or like bright red

i know it sounds weird but it looks good.. esp on spiked up hair like urs
  • Options
    MzInnocent wrote:
    your hair looks good as is!

but if u do want to do a colour change, why not try coloured tips, like put Fudge in (u do have fudge in uk right?) it's like really bright colours but its a semi permanant so they wash out.. which is good if u don't like it lol... try blue tips or like bright red

i know it sounds weird but it looks good.. esp on spiked up hair like urs

Thanks for the input, wont be doing this though - just looks too gothic/grebbish for my liking...
    I dont want to change the colour as such just highlight my natural colour (blond)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    looks too gothic/grebbish for my liking...QUOTE]

grebbish? i don't understand this word! :confused:
  • Options
    grebbish - greb looking
    A greb is like a goth only one who doesnt wash and just wears band t-shirts/hoodies (normally the same one every day)