Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scripts online??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if it's possible to view scripts of plays, that are still copyrighted, over the internet? I'm trying to find JB Priestley's "The Linden Tree" but it's not even available at my library and I don't want to spend money on a copy if I can possibly avoid it.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    betsy wrote:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to view scripts of plays, that are still copyrighted, over the internet? I'm trying to find JB Priestley's "The Linden Tree" but it's not even available at my library and I don't want to spend money on a copy if I can possibly avoid it.

I'd be very surprised if you could find the whole copyrighted play on the internet. They don't put complete books online so would imagine they would do the same with plays.

Go to your local bookshop or even charity bookshop. I know you don't want to spend any money but as it isn't a new/recent book you may get it discounted.

Also, how big is your library? If it is a small one, go to your main library in your local city.
  • Options
    Also, how big is your library? If it is a small one, go to your main library in your local city.

Or ask them to order it. There'll be a small fee for this but it's literally pence usually.
  • Options
    Is it a film aswell? I've managed to find loads of film scripts for free online in their entireties when i've needed them..
  • Options
    loving the bill bailey siggy, cazzoo
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    loving the bill bailey siggy, cazzoo

Why Thankyou! :D

Bill Bailey = :cool: