Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gamecube - what do you reccomend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just picked up a cheap one off of a mate and i only have Mario Kart and Mario Party for it.....anyone have any reccomendations for some must have games for the system?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Resident Evil 4
    Eternal Darkness

To begin with.
  • Options
    Super smash bros. old but brilliant and great multiplayer
    Timespillters 2 same as above
    monkey ball same as above again!!
    either Metroid
    F-zero
  • Options
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    Prince of Persia: Two Thrones

*drools*

Time Splitters and Resident Evil are all good too :yes:
  • Options
    Do you fancy The Prince of Pursia or something? :)
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Super Smash Bros, and Melee.

Resi 4, the zelda collection if you can get it, sonic mega collection is also a must.
  • Options
    i like harvest moon :)
  • Options
    i like harvest moon :)

lol, what a game...I had that on the gameboy colour :yes:
  • Options
    viewtiful joe 1 & 2
  • Options
    Zelda
    Monkey ball
    mario sunshine
    paper mario
  • Options
    I was hoping that someone would mention Paper Mario. I played it for the N64, not on the Gamecube yet. I defintely want to see what it looks like though.
  • Options
    right.. alot have been said, Prince of Persia Series, Resident Evil series, some being really well vamped up and remade,

Zelda master quest aswell as the wind waker,
    Rainbow Six 3 is a good game, i guess it depends on your preverence on genre of game.
    can always go for things like starwars rouge leader series. they're ok for a few games
    get NHL hockey, have to have it for when you have a few mates around with some cans of beer, always was good fun for me.
    Eternal Darkness is absolutley great, i love that game could play it for hours, True Crime series is fun but don't play for graphics of gameplay, only good thing is shooting random strangers :P

trying to think of more games in my collection that haven't been said, Sonic games are good and so is the metroid series.. well it's better than good.
  • Options
    Do you fancy The Prince of Pursia or something? :)

Yea, cause I really have a thing for pixelated men ;)
  • Options
    Star Wars - Republic Commando is very good first person shooter on Gamecube.
  • Options
    I'd go with a couple of the previous mentions - Super Monkey Ball, Resident Evil 4 and Paper Mario.

Paper Mario is fun, lighthearted and occassionally really inventive. It's a great RPG that twists a pile of genre conventions and keeps you on your toes all the way through, never creating that feeling of wading slowly through treacle that some RPGs produce.

Res 4 is simply superb, you're doing yourself down if you haven't played it yet, It's clearly a significant step forward for action games, plays like a real full on hollywood gun-fest and the camera position will be copied by the majority of games in the next few years, simply put - it's perfect.

And my final suggestion would be the fun filled monkey fest that's Super Monkey Ball. You haven't lived till you fling a glass encased simian down a giant bowling alley and outscore your apish rivals.