Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

medication and tiredness...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..im on these pills for my mental health and one of the side effects which affect me is extreme tiredness...does anyone have any idea how i can combat this because it's beginning to really get to me.....

Comments

• Options
    I don't know but I take mirtazapine and it makes me sleep so much it is unbelievable. I hate it. I really can't function properly on it. I'm meant to be a student but on this stuff if I go to one single lecture I am exhausted afterwards.

I don't have anything helpful to say though. Sorry :)
  • Options
    I cannot think of anything to help besides downing tons of coffee and what not.
    I would think your best bet would be to go and talk to your Dr about it. If its effecting you so much, maybe try a different pill.
  • Options
    yeh i think the plan is to try a different one now that ive reached a "stable" mind set....im quite thankful that i chose not to go to uni this year cos i think had i done id have dropped out by now... thanks anyway guys :)
  • Options
    maybe you have one that has a sedating effect.
  • Options
    the pill im on is a kind of sedative i guess but jesus! it's so hard to do anything when it kicks in....