Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suggestions for what i can do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok people :) I very stupidly scolded my right hand quite badly, which is now wrapped up, and realised theres nothing to do! tomorrow i have a sick dayu off work, so any sughgestions on what to do for the day on my own, as everyone else is actually working. all my usual hobbies - riding my bike, playing games, err surfing the net? are impossible / very difficult using just your left hand. self manipulation isnt even possible :(

played the 'white chamber' today as being point and click i only needed to use one hand, but tomnorrow?

as you may tell from this post i am very very bored.

Comments

• Options
    learn how to paint with your toes?
  • Options
    Watch some DVDs, or sleep for the whole day. Sleeping is good, plus you will be asleep and therefore wont notice if your hand is hurting!
  • Options
    oh dear, that's no good!

even reading a book'll be a pain to keep it open...

looks like it's guna be DVDs & day time TV for you I'm afraid. Hope you have some cartoon channels :p

hope it heals quickly :)
  • Options
    Yus some dvds
  • Options
    cinema? walk somewhere nice? or just round town... tv&dvds..
  • Options
    my hand doesnt hurt much anymore, but thanks for the thoughts :)

did the dvds thing, im getting fed up of sitting on my arse though! its reallllllly boring. im matchmaking some friends at the minute which i know i shoukldnt

fell over earlier in the mud cos i couldnt balance with my hand! was really funny, my legs peddling away ike road runner on thin air (or mud in this case). i feel ike an old person telling people his stories :(
  • Options
    yeah watch movies/read are the only real suggestions..
  • Options
    *sigh*

is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind any good? ive never seen it and have it lying about.
  • Options
    one way to find out!
  • Options
    *sigh*

is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind any good? ive never seen it and have it lying about.
    It is good :yes:. Watch it!
  • Options
    Well, I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine.

Isn't the actor Jim Carrey - starring in Bruce Almighty?
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Well, I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine.

Isn't the actor Jim Carry - starring in Bruce Almighty?
    That's the one.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    That's the one.

It took me a while to figure out the name. I hate it when you have things on your tongue, and they just won't come out. :lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    May I ask, what do you usually do all day? I might not go out very often (though I'd like to) but I can't imagine it being a daily thing...
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    May I ask, what do you usually do all day? I might not go out very often (though I'd like to) but I can't imagine it being a daily thing...

I tend to sit around and do nothing, except when I have work to do. In this case, "nothing" is the computer.
  • Options
    I take it you know what you could have done when you burnt your hand so that it wouldn't be killing you now?
  • Options
    it was run undert cold water and all the usual, its just blistered now so i cant use my thumb (so cant really do much with the hand) doesnt hurt unless i try to use it, so im trying to think of lefthanded things to do.
  • Options
    Its immediatly under cold water and its for TEN minutes. From working in a kitchen I assure you it helps but most people don't have patience to stand waiting for 10 mins. For record when you can't feel your hand anymore your about half way usually.
  • Options
    i left it there for ages because i couldnt take it out, then slept with my hand in cold water overnight. the nurse who saw me said it was healing well and ive probably prevented it scarring by doing so, and to put liberal amounts of e45 on. ive got none though. could go down to the chemist later to get some though :chin:
  • Options
    ive just got some nat. honey skin cream to put on, as hopefully i wont have a reaction. apparenty honey is good because a) its antibacterial and antifungal b) increases the speed of new cell growth and development and c) oils in it help renourish tissue as burns make you lose fluid retention
  • Options
    Why don't you go out and about? I LOVE days to myself when I don't have to go into uni or to work - go to an art gallery or a museum or go explore a part of town you haven't been to before....
  • Options
    i may do just that at some point. i need to go to a post office and recon it will be easiest to go to town and go to one there. the amount it costs to get to town though on the bus :(

average journey time by bus: 20 mins
    average journey price: £1.50 each way

average journey time by bike: 10 mins, if that
    average journey price: (excluding cost of the bike) 30p one way ---> free parking.

so. ill have to see what there is to do around leicester!

new walk museum, perhaps?
  • Options
    I take it you patted your exhaust down after a long ride :p
  • Options
    ive done that a few times actually :p lol. i actually spilt a pot of boiling water on my hand which wasnt the smartest thing to do. but its healing quite nicely now :)
  • Options
    Hey, you're saving petrol money ;)