Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Waterwork Woes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got the docs next Wednesday but wanted ask here anyway. (Sorry for graphic details)

This last week or so I've had toilet troubles. I go from not needing to pee at all to bursting in like 20secs. Normally you can feel it building kinda but since New Year really it's been nothing then bursting. And then when I go not peeing as long as you would think considering I feel like my bladder is gonna explode. And then 10mins after I've finished I'm bursting again.

I'm guessing it's some kind of urine infection or similar.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds just like it. I have one now :( Stay away from spicy food :p Its a real pain in the ass but it goes away easily and quickly. Though word of advice, if you get symptoms like that again, try to make an appt asap. Letting it go that long can make it even worse and take longer for it to heal.
    Also, they may not tell you, but if it is a UTI, make an appt for 2 weeks later to get it checked, because you may feel alright, but the infection may still be there. So just to make sure.
  • Options
    Sounds like a urine infection, imo. Drink loads of water and cranberry juice and stay near a toilet is the only advice I can give. I don't go to docs unless I'm dying so I dunno what they'll say about it.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    If not treated a UTI can become quite serious and paniful.

My mother got treated for UTI a while ago. She took the full amount of antibiotics and assumed everything to be fine. The symptoms went away but the infection was still there. After some more time, and after being in bad physical pain they found out that the infection had never fully gone away. She ended up being on antibiotics for 3 months straight before it finally went away.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    If not treated a UTI can become quite serious and paniful.

Yea, I found that out the hard way by passing out a few times. It went away eventually. I just REALLY don't go to the doctors unless I'm physically dragged through the door.