Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bj's but no sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I get the impression that in the USA a lot of girls want to save themselves for someone special and so won't sleep with a guy .. but they're happy to give them a BJ?

Anyone know if this is true in general..?

Seems a bit other way around inthe UK I think most would do that after they slept with a guy .. anyone here from the US?

Comments

• Options
    Never heard/experienced that. From what I heard through the gossip chain, BJ's came after sex. Where do you get your crazy information from :\
  • Options
    It's the "no sex before marriage" brigade...getting out of having no fun on a technicality :p:naughty:
  • Options
    yes, and some supposedly do anal to preserve their virginity. Britney Spears was supposed to have done that with Justin Timberlake.....
  • Options
    Can I just say that is also a load of crap
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    DId you know Joey from Friends is cirmcuisied omigod :nervous: :crazyeyes :shocking: ITs far from disturbing that not only somebody goes on what a culture does as a whole sex wise by what they see on tv and read.
  • Options
    Thats the impression you get from american teenage films, but come on everyone knows that most films are not based on the truth, even the ones based upon a true story or a book add and change things slightly to make it more "cinematic".
  • Options
    I can tell you there are far less people than you assume in the no sex thing I've gone 20 years and not met one :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I can tell you there are far less people than you assume in the no sex thing I've gone 20 years and not met one :p
    when i was a student in France i knew loads of americans: 6 girls didn't believe in sex before marriage and 1 boy had decided to give up sex until he got married. The rest of them were still religous types.
  • Options
    Years ago, a friend of mine from school, when she was like 14 used to do that. She would give load sof BJ's at parties but not have sex with any of them.
  • Options
    You got that idea from American Pie right?
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    You got that idea from American Pie right?

That's not even the real subject of American Pie, they all want to lose their virginity. :eek2:.

It's hilarious that some of you seem to think I take my opinion from shitty teen films, I've know a fair amount of Americans my age over the last few years and a signifigant majority of them have been "saving themselves for marriage" and acted all pious and superior before quite a few of them made the admission that they give handjobs or blowjobs and all the rest. Because of course, that doesn't count. ;)

Of course it's not true "in general" as the original poster said, but it definitely happens. If any of you had read any of the exposes/articles about "True Love Waits" and similar, you'd know that quite a few of these "virgin" teens pretty much openly admit to having had sexual experiences that weren't penetrative sex (their definition of losing your virginity).

Before anyone jumps on me, let me make it clear that I'm not condemning them for any sexual activity...as if I give a fig! They can do what they like...I just hate the holier-than-thou attitude a lot of them have.
  • Options
    Some teenagers in America don't consider oral sex as 'real' sex and believe it's safer since you can't get pregnant (unless you're that one lady...). Some even thought you couldn't get any stds from giving/receiving them.
  • Options
    We learned from the ex president, oral does not count ;)
  • Options
    I'm 16. My girlfriend and I have sex.. we lost it to eachoter lol and i've never, nor want to get a bj lol. But i'm one of the first guys in my grade (11th) to have sex.

about the bj's, girl's usually do it. I'm not sure about there idea's of sex, but it seems most of them would like their first time to be withsomeone they care about alot.

I think it comes down to.. BJs are for the highschool relationships, unless they are serious, and sex is for the more serious ones. There are a few girls who will have sex instead of bjs, but only a few.
  • Options
    I think it comes down to.. BJs are for the highschool relationships, unless they are serious, and sex is for the more serious ones. There are a few girls who will have sex instead of bjs, but only a few.

I guess its different everywhere. Most the girls I knew and went to school with, sex came before head.
  • Options
    The bible opposes oral sex...

That said i do know a few girls who sucked dick before having sex...if they ain't having sex then they've got to do something i suppose.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The bible opposes oral sex...

shit :(
  • Options
    Pocky wrote:
    Some teenagers in America don't consider oral sex as 'real' sex and believe it's safer since you can't get pregnant (unless you're that one lady...). Some even thought you couldn't get any stds from giving/receiving them.

What one lady?
  • Options
    I gave plenty of gob jobs before I had sexual intercourse. I first gave oral at a party, aged 15.

I didn't have intercourse until I was 19 and in love.

It wasn't a religious thing, just that I thought that I wanted to wait for the right guy to lose my virginity to whereas to me gob jobs don't "count". Btw, I'm English.
  • Options
    For me personally, BJ's came way before sex. I'm from the UK too
  • Options
    my bj's is a uk thing now?? lol

where are those girls that gave head before sex? I have never had just a bj form a girl, its always been either me fingering her or full sx and she would go don on me in the sex.

yeah I think of fe of the god brigade and ones that are saving themselves for love give bjs and stuff before the sex. I read an article by one english woman that said in high school she had a friend who had anal sex but not normal sex to preseve virginity an dnot to get pregnant.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I'm 16. My girlfriend and I have sex.. we lost it to eachoter lol and i've never, nor want to get a bj lol. But i'm one of the first guys in my grade (11th) to have sex.

about the bj's, girl's usually do it. I'm not sure about there idea's of sex, but it seems most of them would like their first time to be withsomeone they care about alot.

what a crock of shit. you never want to get a blowjob?? and your saying that serious relationships don't feature them either? what the hell.
  • Options
    What one lady?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7024930/

Basically the guy says that they had only oral sex and so the girl had to have saved the semen in order to get pregnant with his child.
  • Options
    I know they made jokes about girls doing anal sex in the christian teen comdey Saved! thouhg they didn't make it into the film, it was all in the deleted scenes on the dvd.

well, anal isnt taking virginity in some eyes so you never know.
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone I know went from kissing -> groping -> oral -> sex. Not that its wrong to do it in any other order. I think there is some logic there though, as with the less... involved acts, lets say, you can learn your partners body and so when you finally get all the way to sex its easy. The amount of times we've had people on thesite asking how to have sex with their girlfriend they've been going out with for two weeks and theyve pretty much just kissed and light petting.

In long term relationships / marriages / etc. you'll see the knowledge of the other persons body go to the extreme, where they know what response every touch, caress and kiss is going to get. Pretty nifty stuff. Im personally more comfortable with getting confidence up and being comfortable cuddling naked - being naked with someone and not feeling self conscious is a big step - than poking blindly hoping it works.

Thats my two pence anyway :)
  • Options
    mine was a bit wack. I'm a guy and I went from kissing to straight sex that involved various things in that sex, and I hadn't kissed much before that sex either.