Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Was it just me...

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
Or did the boards just fuck up for everyone else too?
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, same here. I was about to e-mail Jim V asking what happened when everything started working again. How odd.
  • Options
    Yup, messed up here.
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    The boards were temporarily down as someone down where they are hosted knocked the patch panel disrupting connectivity. They have been ripped a new one appropriately.

Jamie
  • Options
    Jamie L wrote:
    The boards were temporarily down as someone down where they are hosted knocked the patch panel disrupting connectivity. They have been ripped a new one appropriately.
    Sorry Jamie, I haven't the faintest idea what that means. What's a 'patch panel', for instance?
  • Options
    Boards lost their connection to the internet momentarily due to someone knocking into it.
  • Options
    Jamie L wrote:
    Boards lost their connection to the internet momentarily due to someone knocking into it.
    And have there been 'consequences' for the person who knocked into it? :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Sorry Jamie, I haven't the faintest idea what that means. What's a 'patch panel', for instance?

A patch panel is like a big modem that holds a lot of ethernet cables, and enables connectivity to the internet.

J
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    And have there been 'consequences' for the person who knocked into it? :p

I have ripped them a new one on the fone and spoken to their manager. They are still apparently working in the datacentre (big warehouse for computers) which to me seems rather odd, considering the panels should not even be in the same area.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What's a 'patch panel', for instance?

A collection of ports for network leads to patch into. You should see some of the cabs I've had to work on as a telecoms eng. :eek:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Jamie L wrote:
    I have ripped them a new one on the fone and spoken to their manager. They are still apparently working in the datacentre (big warehouse for computers) which to me seems rather odd, considering the panels should not even be in the same area.
    Never mess with TheSite.org's technical team. :nervous:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Jamie L wrote:

0_o Well. Immediate action! Tie yourself to a radiator until it is rectified... :p
  • Options
    Ohh so are the servers for the site not in the office - not that i find this particully odd I just always imagined them being in the corner but beeing off site makes more sense now I come to think about it.