Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mobile Fone Blocked?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I have a contract mobile (Nokia 3330) from Vodafone. I havent paid last months bill and now the account has been put offline (which is fine cos I will pay it soon).

I have another prepaid account from Orange which is on another fone. The other day I tried to use the pre-paid Orange sim in the Vodafone mobile however it didnt work.

Is there a way to get rid of the block? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Vodafone will have locked the mobile phone to only operate with Vodafone sim-cards. This isn't the same as the phone being blocked. They only really apply a proper block when your phone has been reported lost/stolen, and this type of lock would register the IMEI (Serial number) of the phone with the database and this would stop the phone working on all UK networks.

Sorry for that bit of irrelevant information, Your phone is locked to vodafone, and you have a dct-3 handset which, fortunately, can be unlocked remotely with just an unlock code, and won't require a cable solution.

If you pm me your IMEI I can generate a code that you can enter that will unlock it. You can get your IMEI by typing in *#06# (It should also be under the battery on the sticker on the phone)

Hope that helps.