Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

head pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ever since i was a kid ive got these strange head pains from time to time .. sometimes it'll go for months and i won't get them at all, then other times ill get them all day

the pain is in the back right hand side of my head (same spot), it usually lasts for no longer than 10 seconds, it is a sharp throbbing pain and i have to stop doing whatever im doing until it passes as it is quite painful .. ive noticed that it feels very relieving when it dies off

has anything ever had anything like this ? ive tried explaining to loads of people and noone has got it before

is it anything i should be worried about?

Comments

• Options
    Tell your doctor and get a brain scan or something.

Should at least ease your mind if they don't find anything
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    ever since i was a kid ive got these strange head pains from time to time .. sometimes it'll go for months and i won't get them at all, then other times ill get them all day

the pain is in the back right hand side of my head (same spot), it usually lasts for no longer than 10 seconds, it is a sharp throbbing pain and i have to stop doing whatever im doing until it passes as it is quite painful .. ive noticed that it feels very relieving when it dies off

has anything ever had anything like this ? ive tried explaining to loads of people and noone has got it before

is it anything i should be worried about?

Yeh I get that from time to time. Same spot too, weird...never thought it could be something too serious though but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    have you always got it ?

how often would you get it/
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    have you always got it ?

how often would you get it/

No I've only got it this past few years, I know it's hard to explain. I don't get it regularly, and when I do it's only once or twice that day.
  • Options
    I get this from time to time and it fucking hurts!!!
    So do a couple of my druggy mates, think it's prob down to drugs. Seems to happen worse after smoking dope?
  • Options
    Migraine possibly?
  • Options
    I used to get terrible headaches and it was recommended that I go to a chiropracter- it has made a huge difference.
  • Options
    I had something like that happen to me recently... although its only happened the once... it was at the back of my head on the left hand side...

I was walking home, and I had to stop walking as it came on real sudden and really hurt.. it only lasted a few seconds though...

No idea why it happened!
  • Options
    i smoke daily so i don't think so .. seems to happen more at the end of the weekend .. but if its triggered from taking stuff then there must be a fair few things that can do it

i believe stella was the culprit when i posted this

really no idea though, its quite strange :chin: