Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ending contract with o2 bastards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do I say in the letter I have to send them?

I was thinking along the lines of...

Dear O2

Please fuck off and die but before that end my contract.

yours lovingly,

soon to be 3 customer

Comments

• Options
    How long have you been with them for? I take it you're on a contract with them, are you bound by a 12/18 month agreement?

I threatened to leave after I finished my 12 months, they gave me £10 off my contract and £100 resignation credit so that would pay my phone bill up until after xmas. They haven't been too bad with me to be honest. But I expect not everyone's experience with them is the same.
  • Options
    12 month contract, its been over 12 months so I can hook it.

ETA: Not actually my contract, just in my name, but the girl who owns it wants out so I have deal with all the shit.
  • Options
    I would have thought you could just ring up and tell them then, and instead of listening to them go on about what deals they could give you, just insist on leaving completely.
  • Options
    I've found that companies will offer you stuff to keep you with them if you threaten to leave. My lady wanted to kill off her Orange contract now that she no longer permanently lives in UK... so I called them up from my office (cheap international calls) and was going through it all for her, and they offered her 6 months off her contract if she renewed it, more free txts and minutes per month (pointless because she only uses the chip when shes back in UK) and a free upgrade to a new phone... still told them to shove it though
  • Options
    Just ring them, they're a phone company so why write.

I only stay with a network for 12 months because there are always better deals with someone else (espacially if you take out a phone in december)
  • Options
    Ring them up. But to be honest you will either have to get her to ring up, or she will have to give them permission to talk to you.

Anyway, I got rental for 10 pounds by saying I wanted to leave, it's worth having a go.
  • Options
    they only switch me to another traiff. I agree, I am never going contract again. Wayy to expensieve and haslle. Pay and go forveverf or me!!!
  • Options
    Even after phoning them you have to send a letter to confirm you'r cancellation, sent one this week.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Dynamis wrote:
    Even after phoning them you have to send a letter to confirm you'r cancellation, sent one this week.

I didn't have to do this when I cancelled with them.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Ring them up. But to be honest you will either have to get her to ring up, or she will have to give them permission to talk to you.

Anyway, I got rental for 10 pounds by saying I wanted to leave, it's worth having a go.
    if the contract is in his name then he wont have to which is what he stated earlier
  • Options
    bloody phones are such a hassle aren't they?

hmm i've finally decided to stick with o2 as i usually get good reception with them. As for 3 maybe i'll go with them next year :yeees: Gonna call o2 up next week n see if i can get anything free lol if not bugger it!
  • Options
    simba wrote:
    bloody phones are such a hassle aren't they?

hmm i've finally decided to stick with o2 as i usually get good reception with them. As for 3 maybe i'll go with them next year :yeees: Gonna call o2 up next week n see if i can get anything free lol if not bugger it!

well you really need to have a priceplan for 3 in front of you before you decide to do anything, cause while the have good deals on, i just dropped £5 a month on my contract, which halfed my inclusive minutes (which i only ever use half anyway) and gave me 50% more texts, so worked out much better for me, plus because of the extra texts, i dont have to pay for the text bundle i get every month

so my phone bill is going to be £35 a month now, rather than £50/£60
    plus i get £5 of free game/movie/ringtone/music vids/tracks downloads a month, and 25 free pic messages, and 25 mins of video calling
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well you really need to have a priceplan for 3 in front of you before you decide to do anything, cause while the have good deals on, i just dropped £5 a month on my contract, which halfed my inclusive minutes (which i only ever use half anyway) and gave me 50% more texts, so worked out much better for me, plus because of the extra texts, i dont have to pay for the text bundle i get every month

so my phone bill is going to be £35 a month now, rather than £50/£60
    plus i get £5 of free game/movie/ringtone/music vids/tracks downloads a month, and 25 free pic messages, and 25 mins of video calling

i know 3 sounds like the bees knees and i wanna go with them but i've heard that they have really bad reception/arial coverage :( so i'll give them a year to improve :chin:
  • Options
    simba wrote:
    i know 3 sounds like the bees knees and i wanna go with them but i've heard that they have really bad reception/arial coverage :( so i'll give them a year to improve :chin:

well the thing is with three, where they have reception, its much better than any other phone companies, im the only person at work who has a three mobile and im also the only person who can get pretty much full signal no matter where i stand in the building, big thick stone walls etc

yet when you dont have a 3G signal, you have a normal signal, and when you dont have reception off your own network, then it drops onto o2 i believe anyway

so all in all 3 might have crap reception, but o2 certainly doesnt, and as three piggybacks onto o2, you are pretty much sorted for good signal
  • Options
    plus when you have really bad signal, the voice calls are always still crisp clear
  • Options
    okay so the final question is...."TO 3? OR NOT TO 3????" someone PLEASE give me an answer as im muddled up now :mad:

stick with o2 or go to 3?
  • Options
    3 the life out of yourself.

I converted back in September, and haven't looked back since. Don't listen to the O2 scaremongers when they fill you with shite to put you off leaving. And make sure you tell them you're going to 3 when cancelling your contract, as this will invariably fuck them off.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    3 the life out of yourself.

I converted back in September, and haven't looked back since. Don't listen to the O2 scaremongers when they fill you with shite to put you off leaving. And make sure you tell them you're going to 3 when cancelling your contract, as this will invariably fuck them off.

i noticed that with both my dad and my mum when they cancelled and went to three, they kept on offering superb deals, which were rather good, but nothing to compare to the half price for 6 months deal they would get with three