Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tired, achy and off food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today i woke up feeling odd. But first thing in the morning im too disorientated to take notice of myself. So i ate a bit of breakfast then felt really sick and my stomach killed. Next thing i know my legs ache and i'm really dizzy. About an hour later i was aching all over and i slept from about 10.30 - 2pm. I haven't been able to eat properly either.
Any ideas what it could be? Exhaustion? Virus?

Comments

• Options
    Might be the flu. Rest, drink plenty of water and try and take a couple of paracetamol for the pain. If you start to feel worse or don't feel better in a couple of days then get a doctors appointment. If you get really bad go to A&E.
    Might be worth phoning NHS24 aswell, not that they're ever really much help though.

Hope it's nothing serious and you're feeling better soon, hun.
  • Options
    Or phone NHS Direct (0845 4647)as Ballerina lives in England.
  • Options
    Could be dozens of things. I'd suggest getting blood work done. IF it continues of course. It could be anything from mono to a cold or just a bad day.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Or phone NHS Direct (0845 4647)as Ballerina lives in England.

Thats what I meant. Same difference :)
  • Options
    i've got a feeling it might be mild flu, as i've got a nasty cough now aswell :(
  • Options
    have you been working hard lately? you could just be tired and run down...
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    it sounds to me like a virus that has been going around everywhere, no matter where i went over xmas people were complaining of it. unfortunately it can last for about 3 weeks, although its only really the first week thats the worst. theres nothing really that you can take, but ibruprofen and paracetamol were life savers for me! and the pharmacist gave me paramol, although they knocked me out, i was in no pain!! *hugs* i know how u feel!!! and i feel so sorry for you! - but if u feel your gettin worse and its really serious, just go to the drs, or call nhs.
    get well soon xxx
  • Options
    im getting hot flushes and sweating loads....i haven't been working hard really, only went back to school last week, didn't really do much over the holidays