Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ASBOs tv

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4597990.stm

very scary, and a complete waste of money...

on the other hand, we're being watched we might as well be able to join in :p

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was going to be a new channel when I first read it. Kinda like Swag (that was a good programme), but a full channel. Let's face it, even if you see people doing this sort of thing in person, you're not likely to get a policeman round, so what's your chances if you've only seen them on camera. Suppose it'll keep those sad bastards who own their own speed cameras happy though.
  • Options
    i find it very scary!
    the science fiction of my youth and the totalitarian states ...all happening before my eyes!
    where your nieghbours friends and family are coherced to become informants...truly scary.

please ...no one ...say ...if you aint got nothing to hide ...there ...i said it for you.
  • Options
    Talk about 1984, coming to life.
  • Options
    the premise of it is frightening, the idea that citizens are encouraged to spy on each other and inform on each other is just fucking wrong. :banghead:

On the plus side the only person who will watch it is the token crazy lady (every block has got one) who has like 19 cats and is convinced that people are stealing her grass clippings.
  • Options
    the premise of it is frightening, the idea that citizens are encouraged to spy on each other and inform on each other is just fucking wrong. :banghead:

On the plus side the only person who will watch it is the token crazy lady (every block has got one) who has like 19 cats and is convinced that people are stealing her grass clippings.

like the crazy cat lady on the simpsons
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    like the crazy cat lady on the simpsons
    yeah with two differences:
    1) she isn't homeless, she just thinks "everyone on the outside is filthy"
    2) doesn't throw the cats at people, she just turns the hose on em.
  • Options
    yeah with two differences:
    1) she isn't homeless, she just thinks "everyone on the outside is filthy"
    2) doesn't throw the cats at people, she just turns the hose on em.

erm she does throw the cats at people, ive seen it many a time
  • Options
    Waste of money as the police never show up for low level crime anyway as I've found out in recent years.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    erm she does throw the cats at people, ive seen it many a time
    I was talking about the grumpy old lady that nearly every block has, not the simpsons "cat thrower".
  • Options
    I was talking about the grumpy old lady that nearly every block has, not the simpsons "cat thrower".
    the simps have had a big impact on british life ...see what you've done now!
  • Options
    carefull who you glance at, that is all I can say.
  • Options
    Ah, it's getting worse.
  • Options
    Next thing you know we'll have thought police.
  • Options
    And nobody will do a thing. :thumb:

Modern politicians must love all this apathy going on in many western countries. True, people are free to moan, but they can't be arsed doing anything. Not until too late, I reckon.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote:
    And nobody will do a thing. :thumb:

Modern politicians must love all this apathy going on in many western countries. True, people are free to moan, but they can't be arsed doing anything. Not until too late, I reckon.

Too true Jaloux, if revolution was televised, most of this country would probably switch channels to watch the X-Factor.

Isn't ironic that we label Celebrity Big Brother 'reality TV' and ignore the reality of Big Brother politics. :sour: