Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken toe

Yesturday morning I stubbed my little toe on shelf (was on the floor I wasnt doing kartwheels or anything silly) and its still really pain full. I can move it but it just feels like I stubb it all over again. Its swollen too, poor lil thing looks like a party sasauge lol.

What I want to know, is there any point in me goiong up to A + E for them to say yes its broken but theres nothing we can do about it. Or will they put something on it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest, i thin they'de just bandage it to the next toe to it, for support!
  • Options
    I can do that, I dont need to wait 52 hours at the hospital to tape my feet together.
  • Options
    Having broken toes before I can confirm that all they will do is put some cotton swabbing between the broken toe and it's neighbour (To keep them seperate so it heals straighter) and then tape them together. Unless it's you big toe that's all they'll do.

Try and keep your weight off it for a couple of days to let the swelling go down. Take some Ibuprofen to help with the pain and the swelling. Should take between 3-6 weeks to heal.
  • Options
    they did this with my big toe too. I dropped a bottle of wine on ot- befor I'd drunk any I might add. They gave me a stronger anti-inflam than ibuprofen because the throbbing was keeping me awake, and told me to keep my weight off it as they sent me home... Three days later they lancd my toenail wih a parpe clip to release the pressure too, which promtly fell of, leaving me with a ming foot... nice
  • Options
    does that mean cruches??:(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I doubt that. I'd broken a toe once (or maybe just cracked it, not sure) and all they did was tell me not to move it and to not put weight on that foot for a few days.