Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What does everybody think of...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.. Gillian McKeith?

For someone so healthy she looks a trifle old in my humble opinion.

Comments

• Options
    She looks like she has been boiled in acid and then tumble dried.

Get a fry-up into you Gillian, ffs one won't kill you.
  • Options
    i think shes got some good ideas, but i would never be able to follow her diets to any extreme, nor would i want to, but its better than most of the shit people eat IMO.
  • Options
    She is a moron, i hate her!

In my opinion half the stuff she says seems untrue, and unproven facts

She may have turned some fat people into a healthier lifestyle but she is way too extreme, to the point that its not necessary. Her stupid recipes! I can think of much nice alternatives that actually look and taste edible

rant over

*edited slightly for liable issues*
  • Options
    Capacity wrote:
    .. Gillian McKeith?

For someone so healthy she looks a trifle old in my humble opinion.
    :O Thomas <3
  • Options
    I would love her to look through my fridge and cupboards, cos due to various allergies/intollerances, I never eat dairy/wheat/processed foods- and eat just about all the stuff she always goes on about- she'd love me!!!!!.....she's still a wrinkled old prune tho- I hope that's not due to years of eating all that stuff, otherwise I'm fucked!!!! :eek2:
  • Options
    Exactly.

If eating as stringently and restrictively as she does would mean turning out as sour-faced and strung-out looking as she is then I'll pass, thanks. I'm all for healthy eating (and a lot of her victims do eat disgusting amounts of disgusting things) but it's to an extreme - even the most qualified and experienced nutritionists would advise "everything in moderation" for the majority of people they see.

Also, wasn't there speculation a while back that she wasn't a "Dr" after all, or something? :confused:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Also, wasn't there speculation a while back that she wasn't a "Dr" after all, or something? :confused:

she is a doctor. but not of anything vaguely medical:

http://www.jmdl.com/howard/rants/Gillian_McKeith.html

load of rubbish, to be honest.
  • Options
    She once acually made a man scared of donuts then made him cry.

Mckeith = freak :yes:

Marjorie Doors gives better advice, cake love a bit of cake :birthday:

P.S. Man I love the cake!! :yum:
  • Options
    much as this thread is making me chuckle, just need to remind you about liable - if you want to slag her off can you phrase it as 'your own opinion' rather than fact?
    Thanks ;)
  • Options
    I think what she preaches and promotes can actually possibly be more dangerous than helpful. I know that on her programme she is dealing with extreme cases, people who are very overweight and need drastic lifestyle changes - but for people who aren't necessarily overweight, her diet might be a bit too drastic - she advocates cutting out bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, dairy,red meat....all things that in moderation can be very healthy and beneficial to us...

It's the old adage I guess, if you want to lose weight, eat less and move your body more, although it sometimes can be easier said than done.

Love cavey
    xx

ps - really liked that link, Kaffrin - very interesting reading...