Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

extreme anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
xx

Comments

• Options
    Maybe it would help if you did a bit of research on it? In reality there's very little possibility of you actually getting it - so far all cases of been on people who handle live birds and if you don't do that there's no need to panic at the moment.

Can I ask why this particular illness has got you worried when there are other, more immediately threatening, things that you could be at risk of? Is there something else on your mind at all - maybe this is a convenient distraction from the real issue? maybe not - I am hugely speculating, of course.
  • Options
    well i always panic a lot when any onei know is ill.
    For example at work yesterday 2 of my friends were sick and saying how they'd been throwing up all nite etc. Quite different other symptoms and both prob exaggerated but straight away i didnt want to be near them in case i got anything. THEN i wenmt to my bfs after work ,had dinner and started to feel sick. and then was worried all nite i was going to get what they had, even tho even if i was, i wouldnt have got it that quickly!

I have tried to do research, which nearly mad me sick just reading it. I think its more that it is always in the news and it jus seems so scary.
    I know i need to get it in perspective but soooo hard!

I just always panic whjen it comes to illness, but to be honest i'm generally quite healthy!
    Its just that i worry, i worry far too much about other stuff too.
  • Options
    Maybe some ST John's Wort might help
  • Options
    I just pictured lexijb kissing a bird :naughty:

on a more serious note, I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    Medication may be a good idea, as diamond suggested, st. johns wort, i've found 5-htp to help a lot with that kind of stuff.