Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

three poos in one day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...is this normal???

Comments

• Options
    id say its unusual, but if its only happened the one day, shouldnt be anythng to panic about. Depends upon what you've eaten or drunk, i spose!
    How do you feel, generally??
  • Options
    Are you on a coffee and nicotine diet, by any chance? :p

It can be normal, depending on what you've been eating...and also of course on whether your poos are actually solid or if you've got diarrhea. I wouldn't worry too much though, especially if like sugar_mouse says it's only been today.
  • Options
    i've been eating normally. no caffine or alcohol. feel quite healthy! just need to poop all the time
  • Options
    and yes they are solid, normal poops :p
  • Options
    well, if i were you, if it happens for more than2 or 3 days, id either make a doctors appointment or maybe give NHS Direct a ring, just to be sure!
    Also, not meaning to sound gross, but if its losser than normal, be sure to drink enough fluids!
  • Options
    I have a feeling that once a day is normal (don't hold me to this though, it just based on my personal experiance and I think I remember reading it somewhere), but if you have had a large meal in the last 24 hours this might cause you to go more often. I find this sometimes happen to me the day after I have had a large meal, or over Christmas day and the New year where you are snacking a lot all the time.
  • Options
    Honestly, don't worry. Bowel movements vary from person to person and thrice daily doesn't seem like a scary amount to me at all.

If they're easy to pass and normal looking then there's nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    between three a day and three a week is normal, apparently. most people have a regular pattern, and the occasional oddity is nothing to worry about, but if you have a persistent change in what's normal for you, it neesd to be checked out.

if they look normal, and you feel fine, i wouldn't worry a great deal.
  • Options
    thanks guys. i wasn't too worried just thought it was very unusual! and was worried that there wasn't gonna be anything left inside me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    thanks guys. i wasn't too worried just thought it was very unusual! and was worried that there wasn't gonna be anything left inside me :rolleyes:

Trust my three a day is nothing, try having food posioning for three weeks the first week all I seemed to be doing during the had was going to the toliet evry hour when I was awake during the day and about three times every night. Thats a lot of poo.

kaffrin is right everyone is different I just found the infromation I looked up when I had food posioning, as long as its normal for you then its fine, I'm normally about once a day, sometimes twice, unless I've over done it on the nibbles or have been to a three course meal for a special occasion then it may be more.

But as long as it does not hurt when it passes, there is not blood and it looks normal eg colour and consistancy then you are fine.
  • Options
    I generally dump every 24 hours - people have taken the piss because it's always between 10pm and 10:30pm ;). Very occasionally the routine changes dramatically - today, I've had three dumps. First time in months that things have been different.

I just take it to mean that the body is dealing with something in a different manner than usual - either I've eaten something different, or I have a bug from somewhere. Maybe I've just eaten too much over the last day or two...

I'd not give it a second thought until my routine had changed so dramatically for 72 hours - or longer. So long is it feels normal, and nothing is sore, and you don't feel unwell at all, I'd forget about it.

One thing I have found when going for a dump regularly - make sure you have decent bog roll. The cheapo stuff tends to give you a sore arse if using it frequently... ;)