Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick question about washing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK about an hour ago I stuck a load of clothes in the washing machine and left it to do its thing. But then I came back and the kitchen was flooded, basically the seal seems to have broken on the machine. So me and my flatmate have mopped up the small resevoir in the kitchen, sorted.

Problem is, I now have a load of wet soapy clothes and no machine. So is it OK to just leave them in a basket for a few hours and then wash them in a mate's machine later tonight (that'll be the closest opportunity)? Or will the clothes get ruined in any way?

Thanks now.

Comments

• Options
    Clothes can rot if they're wet for too long, but a few hours shouldn't really cause any problems.
  • Options
    i shouldnt think a few hours would make much difference!
  • Options
    Should be fine for a few hours. Washing powder tends to rot the stitching if left on it for any amount of time, so it may be worth rinsing them in the bath...
  • Options
    Yeh I thought the washing powder might be a problem, guess I'd better go and rinse everything then... what a shit day! Cheers for the advice though everyone.
  • Options
    yeah definitely rinse them, and if you can id say spread them out and hang them over something rather than leaving them all in the basket.