Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Serious question: Pregnancy and a Prince Albert...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a prince albert piercing, and my girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoy it when we decide to use it (one of it's benefits, it can be taken out and put in whenever, ive left it out for months before, and it wont close :D) However, since we found out she is going to have a baby back in November (yes, for those who know me, I kept that quiet didn't I!! We didnt want to say anything until after the vital first 3 months passed, shes now 3.5 months gone, and we are both over the moon :D) we are unsure whether or not having sex with the piercing in could do any damage, as most parts of her are very delicate at the moment.

She has the most of the worries on this, and I think she fears it might bang against the cervix and cause some problems. Unfortunately, thus far I havent been able to find any info on it, so if any piercers/doctors have their input, I would be more than greatful.

Thanks very much guys n girls :D

Comments

• Options
    I'm afraid I know nothing about piercings, but good luck with the baby! :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    sorry dont know, but congrats on the baby! good luck with the little one
  • Options
    Congratuations with the baby, I think I would be just the same and not say anything until the first three months where up too.
  • Options
    If you're worried about it, why not just take it out until the baby is born, as taking it out wont cause it to close up?
    Seems the safest option, as you are unsure.
  • Options
    It has been out :) But she wants to know if we can put it back in ;):naughty:
  • Options
    Ah. I see ;)
  • Options
    what's a prince albert piercing? :blush:
  • Options
    Google is your friend ;)

But to save you the time, it's a male piercing entering through the urethral meatus of the glans penis and exiting through the underneath of the penis at the coronal sulcus.

Or in laymans terms, it goes in the pee hole, down and out the bottom, avoiding the banjo string ;)
  • Options
    ouch!!

and i'm not googling i'm at uni and graphic pictures might come up!

congrats with the pregnancy anyhow. :yes:
  • Options
    Many thanks to all those who passed on their congrats, really, thank you very much :)

No pictures come up if you google things like this: define: prince albert

It's a dictionary function.
  • Options
    just like the others i know nothing about piercings, just wanted to say congrats about the baby! :)
  • Options
    congrats on the baby news. and i have to say your a braver man than i am, i'm not having a needle or anything like that near mine.
  • Options
    congrats about the baby, and id think your prince albert is probably fine to go back in. Theres no sharp edges and that baby is WELL cocooned against any lumps and bumps, I can assure you.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    congrats about the baby, and id think your prince albert is probably fine to go back in. Theres no sharp edges and that baby is WELL cocooned against any lumps and bumps, I can assure you.

:yes: I'd have to agree there - I wouldn't have thought it would go anywhere near ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the helpful replies rainbow and Helen :D And to everyone with words of congratulations, thanks to you too. I could get used to this :D;)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    :yes: I'd have to agree there - I wouldn't have thought it would go anywhere near ;)

depends how well endowed he is :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

And quite possibly the position...
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    no, even if hes well hung, its not going to go anywhere near the baby and it wouldnt do any more damage than if he didnt have the piercing. Obviously dont put any jewellery with spikes in though :razz: , but general prince albert jewellery is just a ring or bar isnt it?
  • Options
    Just a ring... well, i have numerous, different sizes :)

I think her main worry was the possibility of it catching around her cervix and causing some serious problems.
  • Options
    Well u have guts to get that done anyway :p
  • Options
    Eul Grepus wrote:
    Just a ring... well, i have numerous, different sizes :)

I think her main worry was the possibility of it catching around her cervix and causing some serious problems.

I can't see how that could happen unless it was quite a large ring, I mean like about an inch in diameter.

I wouldn't worry.

And congratulations!