Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broadband - Should I downgrade?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am currently on a BT Broadband (Option 3 @ 24.99/month) subscription. TBH I think it's a waste of money because I don't go onto the internet as much as I used to. I use it 2/3 hours a day tops, download about 10 songs a week (at the most) and use it for reading emails, posting here, research and "other things".

Do you think I should and how easy would it be to switch to another package with BT?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    why not switch to blueyonder instead? they're better :p

but as for what you're using the internet for, you dont really need more than 1MB/s for that, maybe even 512Kb/s (unless of course the "other things" movies are large files ;):p )

downgrading should be easy, they just fiddle stuff at their end, just phone their customer support
  • Options
    :o Never! I prefer my Broadband the way it is (I just want it cheaper ;))
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    :o Never! I prefer my Broadband the way it is (I just want it cheaper ;))

hehe I know what you mean :)

in that case ignore the first line of my reply, but the others still apply :yes:

I doubt you'll notice much difference downgrading, (besides the price) unless you're power using or gaming; especially if you're the only one using the connection
  • Options
    Have you had it for more than a year? If not you can be charged for downgrading.
  • Options
    you can use a system known as migrating ...to another provider ...your paying way to much.

i recently had to go back to dial up at home as a stray crossbow bolt went through my pc.
    been out and got another pc and signed up to madasafish ...twelve quid a month first six months then 18 quid a month ...5mg limit.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I am currently on a BT Broadband (Option 3 @ 24.99/month) subscription. TBH I think it's a waste of money because I don't go onto the internet as much as I used to. I use it 2/3 hours a day tops, download about 10 songs a week (at the most) and use it for reading emails, posting here, research and "other things".

Do you think I should and how easy would it be to switch to another package with BT?

Cheers

I switched from Pipex to PlusNet and pay £14.99 a month for unlimited downloads at whatever the maximum speed your line will support up to 2mb/s

if you want a recommend a friend link let me know!

I had problems at 2mb/s so they got me on 1mb/s and been fine ever since - technical support is very good with them.
  • Options
    I switched from Pipex to PlusNet and pay £14.99 a month for unlimited downloads at whatever the maximum speed your line will support up to 2mb/s

if you want a recommend a friend link let me know!

I had problems at 2mb/s so they got me on 1mb/s and been fine ever since - technical support is very good with them.
    I've been looking on their website and I like what I see and I'd trust them as you seem to be pretty clued up on things like this. I'm going to speak to my mum about it in the morning.

BTW - are you on the PAYG or Plus package?