Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

World of Warcraft

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Have anyone got this game? I decided to take the plunge in the Christmas week and I now have a 30-day introductory pass from 27-Dec to 27-Jan. Thereafter, it is £8 or £9 / month to continue. Because of the bad press that Everquest had back in 2001, I was skeptical to join an online RPG for some time. This is mainly from the reported addictiveness of Everquest.

Anyway, I've created an orc warlock and a human warlock character. The orc is now at level 11 and the human is level 10.

So anyone else here from the Horde or the Alliance?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aye, it's great fun :)

I have a night elf druid, level 34 I think (the venture co. server) + a couple other low level characters.

I am attempting to stop playing for the next month or so while I have exams though, it's damn addictive :p
  • Options
    I'm resisting playing for the same reason. Don't wanna get hooked and start spending endless hours playing. Faaaar too much to do :(
  • Options
    BEWARE - once you start playing, you will never be able to stop :p hehe

9 months ago, I had no idea World of Warcraft even existed..
    Then, I knew it existed but wasnt interested...
    Then my b/f says, look u can make a cute little character --->My cute little gnome was born ---> I logged her in once, had to fight a wolf, took one look at that poor little wolf bleeding and yelping, screamed and logged off - back to The Sims for me, thank you very much..

Then how the hell did i get to where I am now, 6 months later, one lvl60 character, another lvl46 and a killing machine? :P
    Now..
    I log on at some point pretty much everyday..
    I truly cannot remember what I did with my weeknights before WOW..
    If my b/f and I split up, the first thing we would fight over is who gets to keep the WOW account..
    And this monday morning when my workmates asked what did you get up to on the weekend, I said "Friday night, had a few drinks, caught up with some friends..." and actually had to stop myself before I added "..and had a hilarious virtual wedding"

This game is fantastic but it will take over your life :P
  • Options
    ouch, so I guess he doesnt get to play if you share the account then? :p
  • Options
    hehe sadly enough he plays even more than me :P there are a certain number of arguments over whose turn it is though..... (so another point to consider before you start playing - do you want to keep your relationship? lol )
  • Options
    aye, I havn't played in a few weeks, and I have no intention of doing so untill my exams are over.

must.be.strong.....

jees you guys must be on loaads if you have a level 60 & a lvl 43, plus he plays more :p
  • Options
    lol you make me sound like a geek :p actually, addictive is the best word for it because the more you play, the more you want to play hehe

good for you for restraining while exams are on! :)

pity you are not on my server or maybe i would see you in game :)
  • Options
    its addicitive got it last march

lvl 60 undead mage
    lvl 39 orc warrior
    lvl 38 undead warlock
    lvl 16 paladin

cant stop me playing :O
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    aih, its a great game, but like everyone else said very addictive :shocking:

it does take up a lot of time, especially if you want to go through Molton Core + Blackwing Lair.

If you do start playing you might want to set yourself a cut-off point... as there's no real 'end' to the game.

Purethought - Lvl 60 Dorf Priest - Azjol-Nerub
  • Options
    My warlock orc and human are now levels 13 and 14 respectively.

Flighty, I know it would cost more money to run two accounts concurrently, but I would do that. It means that you and your b/f would be able to run missions together, and make it a fair bit easier.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote:
    Flighty, I know it would cost more money to run two accounts concurrently, but I would do that. It means that you and your b/f would be able to run missions together, and make it a fair bit easier.

:yes: this would be a good idea

also, White Noise, that's what I'm worried about, those end game instances take a lot longer than I really want to give to the game :p
  • Options
    yeah we would love to have 2 computers and 2 accounts so we could both play but unfortunately you are not able to swap characters on to new accounts so one of us would have to give up our characters and start all over again on the new account :?

And also, if we go out and buy a new computer and pay another monthly subscription just for this game - kinda really admits its taking over life :P LOL

(by the way : I play on realm 'Arathor' : lvl60 gnome rogue : Flighty)