Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alternatives to GHDs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My GHD hair straighteners have just died after 2 years, I've tried Mark Hill ones and Remington but theyre just not as good! Can anyone recommend any as good as GHDs?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry I can't help I got some Remington ones which only cost me £25, its my first pair of straighteners, so i thought there was no point buying an expensive pair just in case I did not get on with using them.
  • Options
    Try this site straighteners it has reviews of different brands.
  • Options
    There aren't any as good as GHD's.

Ilora x
  • Options
    http://www.salonlines.co.uk/forwomen/?category_id=405&p=1

Them :yes: I have the wide plate mark 2 ones, and they work better than GHD's in my hair, but they are about the same price so you wouldn't really be saving any dollar, but they do come with a 2 year warrenty which is always a bonus.
  • Options
    These are the ones that I have. I found them to be MUCH better than GHDs for my hair. I got them on sale for £20ish in argos a while back.
  • Options
    madraykin wrote:
    These are the ones that I have. I found them to be MUCH better than GHDs for my hair. I got them on sale for £20ish in argos a while back.

I used to have have them, i has two pairs actually cause the first pair dyed, they are really quite good, only after a few months the plates go kind of crusty and ming. But seeing as when i bought mine they were £80 if you can get them for £20 then it's all fun and barganious!
  • Options
    i brought some remington digital ones and they are really good. they were £45 from boots. dont seem to make my hair as dry ay my GHd's did either.
  • Options
    There aren't any as good as GHD's.

Ilora x

You've never tried any then.

My straightner is god. Cost like $25 and it has settings up to 25 and an ultra hot button thing. I've tried a handful of straightners and none of them work very well because I have very think and flat out unmanagable hair. But anything above settin 12 gets my hair dead stick straight and I dont even need any serum for flyaways. (I dont' like stick straight hair however) It has a 1 1/2 inch wide ceramic thing. Its grand. And dead cheap. I posted it once before and I can't remember the name of it cuz I"m dumb. I'll find it fory ou.
  • Options
    Kodo :thumb: