Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

new car and its been broken into already...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Only had a car for about 3 weeks....last night somone wrecked the front screen, buggered the door, just to open the glove compartment and take nothing....
what a lovely neighbourhood....just the other week had the wiper off the other car

Comments

• Options
    that sucks :(

and it was right outside your house?
  • Options
    aww thats awful :( *hugs*
  • Options
    someone broke into my car the other week just to steal a CD...
  • Options
    that sucks :(

and it was right outside your house?
    yep, with the dog out there too!
  • Options
    Ahh... good old Nottingham! Glad I moved away! :)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Only had a car for about 3 weeks....last night somone wrecked the front screen, buggered the door, just to open the glove compartment and take nothing....
    what a lovely neighbourhood....just the other week had the wiper off the other car

A tip I learnt was to open the glove box when you leave and show any potential thieves that the car is empty. That way they don't have to break the windows to find out what's in the glove box.

Put all your valuables in the boot including jackets on the back seat, etc

I've actually caught someone in the act of going from car to car at 2am checking door locks to see if they're open.
  • Options
    I've actually caught someone in the act of going from car to car at 2am checking door locks to see if they're open.
    I've seen that in broad daylight. Cheeky buggers.

ETA: my glovebox is full of CDs so there's not a lot of point leaving it wide open.
  • Options
    make a honey pot .. leave something that they couldnt resist in the car passenger seat and hide with a crossbow ;)

joy riders/car thieves are scum and they're a real problem here, good thing is that if you were to catch them in the act and beat them half to death, most people would agree with you
  • Options
    One of my mates stole my dads car, he didn't get too far though.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yeah he sound like a real mate :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sounds like a nice neighbourhood!
    Do you have a garage or if you don't is there room for you to build one or a car port or something, because this normally deters the twats if it looks like too much effort to break into they won't bother.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:

One of my mates stole my van, he didn't get to far though. He wrote it off.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Sounds like a nice neighbourhood!
    Do you have a garage or if you don't is there room for you to build one or a car port or something, because this normally deters the twats if it looks like too much effort to break into they won't bother.
    we have a garage, but our house was built in the 30s so its tiny, and not big enough to get a car in....its full of junk anyway. Well, my dad has a small bike fixing business so he works in here. We don't have a driveway either. So they park on this little pathway outside our house, not on a road.
  • Options
    i know it sounds stupid but i kinda want mine to get knicked and wrote off. probably worth more on insurance than i would get selling it.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    we have a garage, but our house was built in the 30s so its tiny, and not big enough to get a car in....its full of junk anyway. Well, my dad has a small bike fixing business so he works in here. We don't have a driveway either. So they park on this little pathway outside our house, not on a road.

Thats the problem these days garages are just not big enough for today's cars, even at my boyfriends house which is only 3-4 years old the garage is just too small to fit a car into. I think they worked out if you took the wind mirors off and you had a sun roof to climb out off you might just be ok.