Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dab

JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
Anyone else got DAB digital radio?

Went out and bought this for just £50, and its an fantastic. I live in an area with poor radio and digital signals, but it works wonderfully and this little radio really is brilliant. I would really urge any radio listener to take the plunge with DAB.

What does everyone else reckon?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote:
    Anyone else got DAB digital radio?

Went out and bought this for just £50, and its an fantastic. I live in an area with poor radio and digital signals, but it works wonderfully and this little radio really is brilliant. I would really urge any radio listener to take the plunge with DAB.

What does everyone else reckon?
    As sad as it seems I quite enjoy a bit of interferrence and fuzz when I listen to the radio. It makes it sound real to me.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Randomgirl wrote:
    As sad as it seems I quite enjoy a bit of interferrence and fuzz when I listen to the radio. It makes it sound real to me.

I know exactally what you mean... I don't want the interference that fucks it up like, but just a little bit of background stuff... Its sounds more real, physical... It's like alot of things, perfect often loses part of the "personality" and feel of it.

But, DAB seems cool, and as we will all soon be going completley digital I don't doubt (As TV is, then no doubt Radio will follow) I have no option. Oh well. I guess its progress for ya. I guess I can always still listen to BBC World Service Mind :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Randomgirl wrote:

That sounds a bit like the argument that you would hear from people defending vinyl over CDs. I think I'd prefer to just hear the show being broadcast.