Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help, chocolate setting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My girlfriend has/is making me a chocolate cake for my birthday tomorrow.. one problem.. she put chocolate in the middle (melted some normal chocolate and spread it and put it in between two peices of chocolate sponge cake, the problem is the cake will go funny if put into the fridge so how else can she get the chocolate to set? any ideas or just leave it over night?

many thanks

Comments

• Options
    I know her pain. Same thing happened to me, put it in da fridge and itb went all wet.

Does it need to be set?
  • Options
    Why would it "go funny" in the fridge?
  • Options
    its da 8th wonder of da world
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Put it in the fridge but don't cover it. It shouldn't go funny. Just before serving, take it out of the fridge and place it in room temperature to take the chill off it. It'll be fine. I have never had a "funny" cake and have made a gazillion cakes.

EDIT: obviously, don't put the cake in the fridge straight from the oven. That's just stupid. Let it cool at room temperature, then put the chocolate in the middle once the cake is cold and then put it in the fridge. It will only go wet if you put it in the fridge straight from the oven.
  • Options
    I did'nt do that what happened to mine? Neder mind.
  • Options
    It's setting...slowly. Should be fine by the morning ready to decorate.
  • Options
    You're preparing your own birthday cake?
  • Options
    READ IT

my girlfriend is,
  • Options
    Calm down. Read the forum good manners rules (Found here), you aren't supposed to type in all capitals, as it denotes shouting.

And the implications of you asking about chocolate setting, telling us about the situation of the cake etc, and as usual posting about it on thesite before googling led me to believe that you had a hand in it's preparation.

Happy birthday btw.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Calm down. Read the forum good manners rules (Found here), you aren't supposed to type in all capitals, as it denotes shouting.

And the implications of you asking about chocolate setting, telling us about the situation of the cake etc, and as usual posting about it on thesite before googling led me to believe that you had a hand in it's preparation.

Happy birthday btw.
    :heart: God, marry me ;d.
  • Options
  • Options
    Rolly, you can stop now :p.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Rolly, you can stop now :p.
    my computer accidently had a crossbow bolt go through it a few months ago ...so i dug out an old one.
    been on dial up for a while.
    now ...i got me a new one so am back on broadband ...hunting out my heroes!