Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Muscles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,-this is my first post so please be nice to me :wave:

Not sure if this is in the right thread, but here goes... Im kinda thin, wel, very thin, and altho i know i need to put on weight, i would also like 2 gain more muscles round my thight and bum. at the moment i feel i am hugley out of proportion, as my legs r like little sticks with a bigger bum and belly shoved on them! so my question is this...how can i build up the muscles in my legs so they look chunkier and more in proportion with the rest of me? and maybe make my bum a bit more perky?

im a girl so i obviously dont want to have great big muscular tree trunk thighs, but id just like them to be less kinda "scrawny" lookin. thing is i dont have the time or the money to go to the gym or dancing or anything like that, so im just looking for some simple excercises i can do at home or something? any help would be much appreciated...Thankyou.x.

Comments

• Options
    Doing squats (stand legs just over shoulder width apart, keep your back straight and squat, then come up to the starting position) in sets of how ever many you can cope with, doing step ups - use the bottom step on your stairs or if you have an aerobic exercise step. Go out running. Remember to warm up and stretch before and cool down and stretch afterwards to avoid injury.

Have fun x
  • Options
    Oooo, sorry forgot something! Cycling is very good for legs and bums if you have a bike! Swimming as well although that would cost a bit.
  • Options
    if you want to build muscle bulk (rather than tone) you basically have to take in more calories than you burn off and work to convert to muscle instead of flab.

Try using some protein shakes from any fitness shop as a way of boosting your intake.

Get small set of weights (dumbells) you can use at home.
  • Options
    i tried some protien shakes i got off the internet, but they said on them to help with weight gain or weight loss :confused: how can they be used for both? and i did actuly seam to loose more weight when i was on them. so im a bit sceptical bout using anythin like that again, which brands should i try if i do?