Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Review thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the suggestion of Jazza - a place to post reviews of new phones, consoles, etc, I guess games too...

So, will anyone post anything? That is the question.

Comments

• Options
    Ooh wow!

I don't have anything new or fancy to post, but wanted to say yo.
  • Options
    ooh i get to be the first one!

i am the proud owner of this (creative zen micro, 6gb). it was a christmas present. :D

much like the ipod, the touch pad style navigation does take a bit of getting used to (only half hour max i'd say) - however once you have got used to it it's really easy to scroll through the options etc. the sensitivity of the touch pad can also be altered to suit your needs. the player also has the function to be able to lock it's keypad should you be putting it in your pocket or something. very good idea!

aesthetically, the creative zen micro (6gb) is very pleasing (to me anyway!). it's incredibly small (3.3" tall, 2" wide, 0.7" deep) and remarkably light. the blue backlight is also a very nice feature. it comes in a wide range of colours including silver, black, red, blue, orange and pink. i got the white because it was the only one left but it's well sexy. :yes:

it has a radio function; however i've not yet used this (haven't had it long!) so can't comment! it also has a voice recorder, calendar and sleep and awake timers.

umm. the mp3 player also has an external hard drive for the backup of computer files. you can change the amount of gb that you want to be a hard disk drive - good feature i'd say.

the software was incredibly easy to upload onto my computer and as yet i haven't had any problems!

so far, i'd give the creative zen micro 10/10. :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    ooh i get to be the first one!

i am the proud owner of this (creative zen micro, 6gb). it was a christmas present. :D

It is damn good, I've got one and love it. The radio is good too although the signal can arse round a bit.
  • Options
    my brother got an iriver
  • Options
    sensitivity of the touch pad can also be altered to suit your needs.

*didn't know this*
  • Options
    *didn't know this*

haha, have you worked out how to do it?

eta: which colour do you have?
  • Options
    *didn't know this*
    Haha, its in the options. Took me ages to find it myself. Bloody fat fingers ;<
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I bought a JVC Scart Connector. Works damn well, can switch between input/output. Looks good too. But 6/10, for being expensive.
  • Options
    I've got the whitle/silvery one.
  • Options
    You can get them in colours other than black? omg!
  • Options
    haha, have you worked out how to do it?

No. When I first got it, my brother had to teach me how to use it... :o
    eta: which colour do you have?

White. And you?
  • Options
    No. When I first got it, my brother had to teach me how to use it... :o

White. And you?

as i said, white. :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

yes, read my review. :p
  • Options
    yes, read my review. :p

Dixons only has black round here, cos its gay.
  • Options
    Serves you right for going to Dixons then....
  • Options
    Its that or comet. And they're the same anyway.
  • Options
    that has no relevance to me saying you didn't read my post...
    it comes in a wide range of colours including silver, black, red, blue, orange and pink
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

Yes, you can get them in:
    Red
    Lime Green
    Blue
    Purple
  • Options
    or to be precise...

Available in 10 electrifying colours (Black, White, Silver, Dark blue, Light blue, Red, Purple, Citrus Orange, Lime Green and Pink)
  • Options
    sony k700i

don't drop it in the loo, because it'll break.

apart from that, it's a good phone, although the battery life's a bit short.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    sony k750i

don't drop it in the loo, because it'll break.

apart from that, it's a good phone, although the battery life's a bit short.

How short is short?

What's the camera like for taking pictures and recordings, good quality in both?
  • Options
    The motorola E1000 has low battery time, but the whole phone has what a good phone should have.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    How short is short?

What's the camera like for taking pictures and recordings, good quality in both?

(sorry, it was actually the k700i I had)

with normal use I suppose it'd last 3-4 days

picture quality is good, although rather grainy, seems to lack some softening filters other phones have that make the pictures look better.

not used the video function before I broke it :p

but, definately worth buying! I <3 sony ericsson

(unless you can get the k750i of course! :p)
  • Options
    Sony Ericsson k750i.

Good solid reliable phone this one. Battery life seems decent get a few days out of it at least. Menu is easy to navigate and quick to respond, certainly quicker than previous k series phones. Camera is fantastic, video recording is also good. MP3 player built in adds a good touch, with the ability to add upto 1gb/2gb memory stick you wont run short of storage space for your music. The radio is also good, now has RDS so shows the station name, a gimmick but still good imo.

I like that the camera has a sliding lense cover, simply open it and the camera activates automatically it has autofocus also which kicks it as you take a picture, i also like that you cannot take a picture accidentally, you need to give a firm press of the button.

It comes wth it's own handsfree kit, software and USB cable, personally i found it took a long time for the software to acknowledge the phone actually being conected but once it started working properly it's good. Connecting to the pc via USB will open up the media card as mass storage, showing all your folders and files within giving easy access to pics / vids / ringtones on either the phone or memory stick.

No regrets in buying this phone, have already been talking it up loads and will conitnue to do so. Good buy this model

Sony Ericsson have a good name, very good brand and do excellent mobile phones. Can't go wrong with them.

It does everthing i wanted from a phone, it gets my vote and spoken of highly so it's got to be 10/10 for this beauty!
  • Options
    Nokia N70

I've had the Nokia N70 for a while now and think that I can give a fair comment on it.

It's a big phone with a very small keypad. This is done to accomodate the very good large screen. However, it makes txting ridiculously difficult compared to previous phones that I've owned. It runs Symbian S60 operating system and because of this I was able to install Tomtom Mobile Navigator on it without any problems and can use it for navigation on journeys when it's paired with my tomtom bluetooth gps antenna. It also comes with a great 2mp camera with zoom for video and stills.

My gripes are:

It's veeeeeeeeeery slooooow.
    The interface is very different to Nokia's standard and is not very intuitive
    Gets scratched very easily.

I would rather have the K750i and a separate GPS navigation system.