Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What did you think of...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to ask what people think of the current look of the community section -

http://www.thesite.org/community

Feel free to be as brutal or complementary as you want...

Comments

• Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Hi everyone, Just a quick post to ask what people think of the current look of the community section - http://www.thesite.org/community Feel free to be as brutal or complementary as you want...
    Boring! :p What's with all the grey colours? And where's the "Jim V is a god" tagline?
  • Options
    I can't even notice a change.
  • Options
    There isn't any change, I'm just looking for views on the current look
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    There isn't any change, I'm just looking for views on the current look

Oh, it looks fine to me. Maybe add some more colour.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd say it was more functional than attractive. Dont like the way the page seems to go on and on, maybe squeeze the content around or move it about a bit, I can see a lot of people missing the stuff on the bottom of the page.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Oh, it looks fine to me. Maybe add some more colour.

I agree I do like the layout, but it could do with more colour I think, as when you have had a bad day or a hard day at work/uni it can be a bit depressing.
  • Options
    Now that JsT has mention it, the page is a bit long, as I often miss the bottem, as Ijust don't think to scroll down, I see the join in button and just click it without really looking at the bottom of the page. I'm sure it is interesting, but like I said I just don't think to scroll down.
  • Options
    Looks alright to me. Just had to giggle at the post of the week :p
  • Options
    Its quite good and easy to navigate, but a bit...beige for my liking.
  • Options
    yeh not right keen on the beige look. though having said that, i wouldn't like it if it were bright and garish!
  • Options
    Not keen on the beige either. A brighter colour would be better.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    change it to the old school orange theme ;)
  • Options
    yeh not right keen on the beige look. though having said that, i wouldn't like it if it were bright and garish!
    Colour doesn't have to be garish though ;p. And the orange is not a good idea, that hurt my eyes :(.

I'm another one for the anti-beige crew tbh, and I didn't even realise there was loads to scroll, cause I couldn't be bothered to look...
  • Options
    One of my friends works on a forum and they came up with a few ideas for new layout colour schemce etc...then they allowed the members to vote on which one they prefered.
  • Options
    Don't like it - its got bold colour at the top, pastel colours down the right edge, and then a mass of beige where you want to focus
  • Options
    I think its a bit too functional. The colour scheme is good, I really like it (which makes sense as we chose it), but the way the page is laid out isn't all that hot. The colours need to be broken up with photos and bright colours, but having it back to the orange would be a huge mistake. The User Panel decided on the beige and brown for a reason.

It could do with being more of a magazine style. Each section needs to be highlighted more. Each section could do with more photos, and tile the page more than at present. The stats for the boards don't need to be there- have the post of the week, and then a link to the forums.

The rants and diaries could do with being more prominent. I wouldn't have askTheSite in the community section, as I don't think it fits and I don't think people would look for it in community. Same with the local advice finder- it doesn't seem to fit in the section. Perhaps a separate advice section would be a good idea, with just a link from community.

I'd have the top tile for games and competitions, across the whole of the top page. Below it I'd have a tile for the real life stories, again across the whole page, but with eye-grabbing pictures. Below that I'd have "have your say", as I think it flows better. If you think you still need the "find advice" bit, have that at the bottom.