Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cracking Fingers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's a bit of a habit for me, I tend to do it quite a lot. Am I doing damage to myself doing this all the time?

Comments

• Options
    no, not really.
    not that theres much you can do about it. Some peoples bones click, others dont.
  • Options
    The crack that it does is bubbles in the fluid arounds your joints. Its not bad. People used to say that it caused premature arthritus but thats been shown to be a load of crap. As far as I am aware it causes no harm.
  • Options
    The only problems I've had is that where mine click easily, (whether this is intentional or not) I'm in alot of pain afterwards...
  • Options
    well don't they say it can cause problems such as arthritis in older age?

more importantly than that, it really pisses me off when people do it. :mad: :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    The crack that it does is bubbles in the fluid arounds your joints. Its not bad. People used to say that it caused premature arthritus but thats been shown to be a load of crap. As far as I am aware it causes no harm.
    Really? That's good then, cause I'm addicted to it. I do it on all joints on my finger (and toes).
    Though they hurt sometimes afterwards.
  • Options
    well don't they say it can cause problems such as arthritis in older age?

more importantly than that, it really pisses me off when people do it. :mad: :p

That's what I thought as well
  • Options
    surely though it can't be good for you? and it makes me feel sick. :grump:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    thats good as i just to do it alot. now go through phases of doing it (in one atm). i do find that sometimes they lock up and only thing i can do is crack them to sort it out.
  • Options
    I've never cracked my fingers or any of my bones by choice sometimes my my knees, shoulders or neck sometimes click when I move them.

My boyfriend has a habit of cracking his fingers and toes. I don't think he means to do his toes, as its mainly when he curls his toes at night in bed, so he is normally asleep when he does it.
  • Options
    yeah i'm a naturally clicky person. feet, toes, shoulders, arms, knees, neck, back. i click all over.
  • Options
    I hate it when my back clicks, it painful and i find it had to move.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I often click my fingers and toes. :/ meh, lol, i just do, no idea why. Back is fun, it always feels better after.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    I hate it when my back clicks, it painful and i find it had to move.

usually when my back clicks it usually clicks back into place, and i feel so much better, its not a nice feeling or such, it just feels so much better than the supposed "normal" id been putting up with for a couple of days