Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help me please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do i know whether what im feeling i need to go to the doctor about and get serious help or whether ill be fine in a months time?

ive had a pretty shit time of it the last month but really ive had problems for years, i have no self essteem, thats what my mom says anyway and i do agree. im constantly putting myself down and dont feel worth anything unless a lad is interested in me! how pathetic is that! i cant help it though, i feel worthless unless a lad tells me how special i am! (i dont believe my friends and family when they say it!) i broke up with a very serious boyfriend about a year and a half ago and since then ive had to be talking to a different lad every month in order to feel loved. if im not talking to anyone i become very depressed often crying myself to sleep because i just feel disgusting, pathetic and alone. i used to cut myself but thankfully ive got over that although when i do feel really down i do get urges but am able to resist them.

recently ive gotten really bad again, i think because i split with my boyfreind of 3 months bout 3 weeks ago, when i was with him i was fine the happiest girl in the world then as soon as we broke up the old feelings returned.i cant sleep because i feel so lonely and have to take double the dosage of nytol tablets to pass out, i also take kalms during the day because i keep getting panic attacks and burstin ginto tears because im scared of being alone and no one wanting me!

i dont want to be like this, i hate only feeling valued when a lad tells me that he likes me, its pathetic! i suppose i just need some advice. do you think i need proper help or am i just a reguler insecure teenager after a bad break up? how do you know when youve crossed that line?

Comments

• Options
    dont think i'm qualified to say anthing on this. but a friend had a similar problem a few years back. he ended up going to the doctor to seek advice they refered him. now he's fine. My advice would be talk to the doc, but maybe talk to close friend/s or family member first.

Sorry if that didn't help much.
  • Options
    I dont think you should be so hard on yourself. But i also agree that you should go see a dr. They can really help you with this kind of problem. Good luck!
  • Options
    <Sam><Sam> Deactivated Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hey littleoleme

This article on TheSite about building self esteem might be useful.

Take care :)
  • Options
    it sounds like you have signs of depression.

much of what you're saying sounds so familiar to me!
    I suffered from depresseion myself and used to self harm to deal with problems.

i seeked professional help, was in counselling for quite a while. Maybe you should go to your GP to check this out further, they would be able to diagnose correctly if you are indeed suffering from depression.